SQ Subwoofers??

kkpsiguy
10+ year member

Hello All--

As I have stated in my other threads, I'm putting together an SQ system. I know that there are several sq woofers out there. But like I said in other threads, I like bass tracks. I want a sub that will fill in the lows on some classical music, but also not have a problem keeping up with some rock, or handling the lows on a bass track. I guess basically I need an all around use sub, maybe a SQL?? What we have around here MTX, Kicker, Rockford Fosgate, Pioneer, Sony, etc. the mainstream brands. I want something different. I've looked at the Fi Q, Oz Audio ME, RE SX I believe, the 1000watts rms. I want something not mainstream, something not everyone here has heard of where I live(Oklahoma), which would be anyhting like the MTX, RF, JBL. There are a lot of kids around here that blare their systems into distortion, clipped signals and so forth. They think that their system if the best and nothing is better then theirs. I want something that I can put on a bass track and show them what a quality product can do. I'm not one to go up to a stop light and keep my stuff blaring so loud it is vibrating the guy next to me. I have a truck with dual exhaust, and I love to cruise the highways with the windows down, so I need something that I wont have a problem hearing over that. I was thinking of either 2 10" or 1 12". Budget on these, I would like to spend no more them $300 on them.

Polk SR might be worth a look. Even though I have no personal experience with them, I'm a fan of the RSd products, based off of the great reviews they have received in press as well as user reviews.

I am considering the SI Mag, but I am wondering, how could you get sound quality from 15"?? I thought a subwoofer that big was just for SPL, am I wrong?? I know it sounds outrageous, but I am going to try to figure out a way to fit that subwoofer in my truck if someone can tell me it will be a good choice for what I'm wanting. What kind of results can I expect out of that woofer??

bigger means louder usually because of the greater cone area present.

and just because a sub is bigger doesn't mean that it loses SQ as it gets bigger, it will usually be able to play lower louder.

JL is a good SQ sub. Its a bit mainstream but was not mentioned in your list. Ive got a few JL 12's for sale that im asking way under $300 for(PM if interested). Also I have heard that Treo is a pretty decent SQ sub. And from what I have read, Mach 5 has good SQ and is dirt cheap(under $110).

JL w6v2, JBL Gti, SI mag, The Icon has gotten some good reviews but they seem to like it better ported(not to say it doesn't sound bad sealed).

ID oem subs, or even the IDmax and possibly the Fi Q.

Just get a 12" Alpine Type-X and put it in a sealed enclosure. It has GREAT sq and gets REALLY low...............make sure you put some power to it as it is power hungry. I should know, I have 2 of 'em..........lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.