SQ/SQL recommendations on 1500-2000 watts tops

rtillaree
10+ year member

F***, Strong
Orlando
Doing a project on my Nissan Versa, going more SQ than anything. I have been out of the game for a good 5 years now. What models should I be looking at for loud SQ/SQL subs? As stated, probably going to run 1500w, no more than 2000w. I'm thinking one 12" or two 10"s is really all I'll be able to squeeze in there when considering box size and all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Id suggest a pair of Dayton HO or IDMAX at that power. Hell, a pair of IDMAX 10s would get PLENTY loud on about 500W each, but give them 1K each in a ported enclosure and you pretty much have the textbook definition of SQL.

mmats or zed amps mmats subs
Juggs still the way to go? I ran 2 15"s in my van for awhile, they were the titz.

Hi power sql ssa xcon or fully loaded fi q
holy *** that is a beautiful driver...wow. Definitely looking into that. I was already checking out the Evil as per a few threads I found searching. I had 4x BTL 15" back when they were becoming all the rage in the early stages. They were loud as hell and held up well, I know Fi is a solid brand, no experience with the Q however - will check into them.

What's become of the RE MX and XXX drivers?

Juggs still the way to go? I ran 2 15"s in my van for awhile, they were the titz.

holy *** that is a beautiful driver...wow. Definitely looking into that. I was already checking out the Evil as per a few threads I found searching. I had 4x BTL 15" back when they were becoming all the rage in the early stages. They were loud as hell and held up well, I know Fi is a solid brand, no experience with the Q however - will check into them.

What's become of the RE MX and XXX drivers?
Your mor looking for SQL since SQ wouldnt need anymore then 1000 at most... I honestly wasnt terribly impressed with the Xcon and was happier with the Q if you go that route... The newer RE stuff isnt worth the price but the new XXX's arent bad if you can get them cheaper

Don't forget Dayton subs. Handle a bit lower, but good subs.
I have never heard of of the Dayton stuff in a car audio application. I helped a buddy built a few lines and subs for his home theater with Dayton's and they were great. I'd love to hear these in person someday.

Id suggest a pair of Dayton HO or IDMAX at that power. Hell, a pair of IDMAX 10s would get PLENTY loud on about 500W each, but give them 1K each in a ported enclosure and you pretty much have the textbook definition of SQL.
I wish I could find someone close with a good Dayton setup.

Your mor looking for SQL since SQ wouldnt need anymore then 1000 at most... I honestly wasnt terribly impressed with the Xcon and was happier with the Q if you go that route... The newer RE stuff isnt worth the price but the new XXX's arent bad if you can get them cheaper
Yea, I'd say I'm about 65/35 on SQL/SQ. It's hard to completely let my SPL days go //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Do you already have the amp? If not, I have an SQ oriented A/B that will do 1,450w bridged fer ya //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i like the sound of my 2010 re xxx 12 a lot. Great SQL driver. Also, alpine type x sounds pretty good too. and the ones listed already will definitely fit the bill, Dayton...SSA...Boston...Image Dynamics....all great SQ/SQL drivers!

also the jl w6, amazing SQ but price is the issue

negative on the amp. Just gauging ideas right now. A/B = American Bass? which model is it?
As in Class A/B. Versus Class D. Honestly, I've yet to see where Class A/B can trump a properly-made Class D of similar specs, so take it with a grain of salt.

As in Class A/B. Versus Class D. Honestly, I've yet to see where Class A/B can trump a properly-made Class D of similar specs, so take it with a grain of salt.
WOW //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif, I was like, "A/B? the eff, oh maybe American Bass, been reading a lot of stuff on them lately while searching" lol.

The last A/B I had was a Hifonics something or nothing that I used to run a SoundSplinter 12" in my work truck. It was iight.

Yea, I think I'll end up with a nice, clean D class. Whatever I end up doing, I want to make sure it's efficient, it's in a Versa and all. Outside of a big 3, new Deka battery under the hood and a battery in the hatch, I don't really want to overhaul anything else with the electrical.

Main reason I am going in hat 1500-2k max range. I figure, I should be able to find something very nice in that 750-1200 range for sure, especially with the proper enclosure and tuning.

[quote name='rtillaree']WOW :emb:, I was like, "A/B? the eff, oh maybe American Bass, been reading a lot of stuff on them lately while searching" lol.

The last A/B I had was a Hifonics something or nothing that I used to run a SoundSplinter 12" in my work truck. It was iight.

Yea, I think I'll end up with a nice, clean D class. Whatever I end up doing, I want to make sure it's efficient, it's in a Versa and all. Outside of a big 3, new Deka battery under the hood and a battery in the hatch, I don't really want to overhaul anything else with the electrical.

Main reason I am going in hat 1500-2k max range. I figure, I should be able to find something very nice in that 750-1200 range for sure, especially with the proper enclosure and tuning.[/QUOTE]

IA Flatlyne, then? Good enough for @ge_off_me ; to use in competition and runs off 750RMS. I might be tempted to play around with the 18" version of it on a Tahoe build in a couple years. Either that or 4 Dayton HO 8"s on about 300RMS each

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.