SQ headunit for preamp purpose only

Participant count
  • Participant list

Theory

Looking for a decent sound quality head unit that is mostly going to be used as a pre amp.

I need something with USB in and Optical out, which will add a little bit of power to the signal.

Must be single din.

The reason for this is I am going to run a Tablet to (something) into the optical of a helix dsp.

Budget $500

Alpine DVA-9861

Pioneer DVH-330UB

Not sure if sq units but have optical out, google tends to know the answer to most things you should try it out

Alpine DVA-9861Pioneer DVH-330UB

Not sure if sq units but have optical out, google tends to know the answer to most things you should try it out
Yea no ****, that doesn't give personal opinion if they are good sound quality....

Yes, be a douche to everyone on a forum right when you join, that's how you get people to help.
Where have I been a douche? I didn't just join. Telling me to google something without knowing my previous actions is a way of undermining someones ability to function and to do research without completely relying on someone. If his/her statement came with helpful information that I missed when I did multiple searches it would be a lot different. I clearly stated USB in and Optical out and decent sound quality, which he wasn't able to confirm if either had good sound quality. The Alpine DVA-9861 doesn't come with usb its an option which may or may not be easy to get and Pioneer DVH-330UB seems to be a European model that isn't very easy to get. I was very specific on what I needed for a reason.

Where have I been a douche? I didn't just join. Telling me to google something without knowing my previous actions is a way of undermining someones ability to function and to do research without completely relying on someone. If his/her statement came with helpful information that I missed when I did multiple searches it would be a lot different. I clearly stated USB in and Optical out and decent sound quality, which he wasn't able to confirm if either had good sound quality. The Alpine DVA-9861 doesn't come with usb its an option which may or may not be easy to get and Pioneer DVH-330UB seems to be a European model that isn't very easy to get. I was very specific on what I needed for a reason.
I didn't tell you any models or to google something. It says junior member next to your name so I was making sure you weren't in the wrong place, if nothing else my comment was a bump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you'll be controlling volume on the Helix anyway so i agree adding a HU in the mix is a waste of money. i like the recommendation above to just skip the HU and extract toslink from an HDMI output. there are other USB DAC's that include toslink out.

other USB to toslink adapters

Behringer U-Control UCA202 | Sweetwater.com

Amazon.com: Signstek HIFI USB to Coaxial S/PDIF Converter Decoder Convert Digital to Analogue Signal Mini USB DAC PCM 2704 Chipset with USB Cable: Computers & Accessories

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.