SQ Headphones

Kangaroux
5,000+ posts

I put on
Maine
Probably not the ideal website to ask this on but, whatever...

I have a $50 fatality gaming headset which I liked for a while to use when listening to music but more recently that I've gotten into audio I'm disliking these headphones more and more simply because they sound like ball sack to me now...

Just want to hear some suggestions on some good sounding circumaural (the kind that cover your ears) headphones. Don't want any bass boost headphones or junk like that. Flat response, smooth sounding (once everyone goes to sleep I switch over to headphones and listen to music for like 4 hours, harsh tweeters/treble give me a headache very quickly), comfortable, etc.

Price range is around $100. Not looking to spend loads on $400 studio headphones, just want something that's going to sound good. Looked at some of the sennheisers and the sony's, both have good reviews and my buddy who works at a recording studio said hes tried both and they are very good. I'm just here to get any personal opinions on either and some more suggestions.

Turtle Beach makes some great headphones. Most of what they have is for gaming though. You may be able to find some that has a removable mic boom. Also check out the Klipsch Image ONE's. Sennhesier is also a nice brand. Specifically the RS160 and the HD280. Those are the only two decent models that are around $100. All the other higher ends are 200+
New Klipsch Image ONE Noise Isolating Headphones w/Mic | eBay

Klipsch Image ONE Premium On-Ear Earphones with Mic | eBay
That's the kind of stuff I'm looking for, perfect.

I forgot to mention it in the OP but if the headphones have a mic that would be a plus. I might sell this fatality at some point and in that case would need a mic if I played on ps3 (some people are dumb and I need to harass them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif)

Don't fall into the trap of Beats by Dre.

Audio Technica ATH-M50's come to mind. You could also look at some AKGs in that range, and I guess Sennheiser offers some good sounding headphones around $100. But seriously, don't convince yourself that saving an extra $20-30 will satisfy you. I settled for some Shure SRH440's, and I was VERY disappointed in them when I finally got them. The M50's are widely known as having a great soundstage, good frequency response, and don't have any unusual "bass boost" or "processing" involved, ruining the fidelity of the music itself.

Audio Technica ATH-M50's come to mind. You could also look at some AKGs in that range, and I guess Sennheiser offers some good sounding headphones around $100. But seriously, don't convince yourself that saving an extra $20-30 will satisfy you. I settled for some Shure SRH440's, and I was VERY disappointed in them when I finally got them. The M50's are widely known as having a great soundstage, good frequency response, and don't have any unusual "bass boost" or "processing" involved, ruining the fidelity of the music itself.
Ackbar.jpg

That's the kind of stuff I'm looking for, perfect.
I forgot to mention it in the OP but if the headphones have a mic that would be a plus. I might sell this fatality at some point and in that case would need a mic if I played on ps3 (some people are dumb and I need to harass them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif)
sham_wow_guy.jpg

i really like my AKG's.

Amazon.com: AKG K271MKII Closed Back Circumaural Headphones: Electronics

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.