splitting subwoofer rca cable hurt anything?

Participant count
  • Participant list
In short yes...

Unless that subwoofer output of the headunit is adjustable and you can turn the cut off way up to allow all the full range signals too and remember to turn it back down when you fix it right...

Still might sound funky depending on how the headunits outputs are made to work...

I'd just do it the right way...

If I ever take apart a dash to put in an aftermarket headunit, I automatically run all the RCAs and Remote Turn on Wire (any anythng else that it could need depending on the unit) to the back so that if and when i want to add a Sub/Amp or something I don't have to put the dash apart again for something I've already done...

I had an S-10 that like a month after I got it, we had to pull the whole dash out of to replace the stupid heater core...

While we had the dash out, I went and bought 30' of Red 0/1 and 10' of Black 0/1 two Groments for 0/1, two (up to 300 amp) fuseable links, roll of small (remote turn on wire) and three sets of RCAs and ran everything while I had the hooptie apart...

About three months later I decided I wanted to put in a Headunit and a small sub/amp, poped in the head unit, everything was already plumbed took me like an hour to get everything apart and back in, listening to the much improved jams....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.