Splaudio 18 for NS/XL/9518

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kangaroux
5,000+ posts

I put on
Maine
Sub is in mint condition, not even broken in yet. I've been giving it 2k daily since I got it and I haven't smelled it once, sub barely gets hot and this thing digs LOW. However I am looking for something that can get a bit louder, such as a Nightshade 18 (v2 preferred), XL 18 or a DD 9518 (g series preferred).

Sub has dual stiff spiders, dual 2 ohm, custom tooled spacers for better cooling and excursion (you can't bottom out the coil), and 1800rms rating (will take 2k fine if it's clean). It is based off the older Fi Q's with the dual slug motor. I have around $400 invested into this sub, it is no joke. Can operate in a very small box just fine (I used it in 5.5 cubes for a while). Loves tunings anywhere from 26-32. I can dig down to 22hz with authority with no issues (if you are skeptical just check my signature, 22hz flex ftw).

I'm not too picky for coil configs, as long as I can wire it to at least 1 ohm (at least meaning 1 ohm or lower). I have an AQ2200 so the sub needs to be able to perform fine off of that.

PnM9H.jpg

Video of it playing (this thing sounds great, my camera does it no justice //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif)

[video=youtube;IDfTLWIc5-A]

I would prefer just to trade this thing but if you want to buy it I would like $300 + shipping.

Good luck, plenty of louder subs out there keep in mind you may need a higher tuning to accomplish 'louder'

Just buy my fi btl n2 18. Takes 4k daily
That would be a nasty sub to run but i dont know if it would be much louder than this off 2k. I can't afford to go any higher power wise, my electrical has a hard time doing 2k as it is.

Good luck, plenty of louder subs out there keep in mind you may need a higher tuning to accomplish 'louder'
I'm looking for more authority around 33hz...so tuning higher won't exactly solve that lol

Oh i like meter louder so thats what i have to do :-/
Wanna try and build this setup around a daily, if I'm gonna do any metering I'm just gonna make another box and use like an 8 or 10" aero and tune that thing to 40

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...