SPL with a single 8" Sub... More sound with less.

SPLluminator
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
GR, Michigan
Anyone experimenting with 8" subs these days? I have a single 8" CVL-8 (older version) on my IA 20.1 at 4 ohms. The truck its in is a Regular Cab Ranger. My latest score is a 135.4db on a termlab and im looking for more. Right now im doing sub up, port to the drivers side. 4" PVC port with 3/4" rounds on each end (poor mans aero //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif) and the box is .8 cubes before sub displacement. My peak is at 46hz. Anyone have any tips or pointers?

PS: I know 450rms is pretty low power also, but the custom 8" im having built will allow me to run my 20.1 at 1ohm so this should give me a nice increase as well.

The 150 with the sa-8 was in a crx, in the kick with the door open and burping like 60+hz lol
^^ This lol. Everyone doing 150+ is def. runnin a burp box. Im lookin for a 139.9 bassrace (which should be possible) and a 145+ burp.

I was doing a 139.8 with a cheap 8 and 300w in an 02 impala. 42hz peak tuned. Close to that played music well but had to watch low notes.

I did a 150.6 outlaw and a 143ish sealed on the dash with a single sa-8 @ 45 hz.

Could probably bassrace 139.9 but I'd have to push it pretty hard because my truck sucks sealed up.

I did a 150.6 outlaw and a 143ish sealed on the dash with a single sa-8 @ 45 hz.
Could probably bassrace 139.9 but I'd have to push it pretty hard because my truck sucks sealed up.
Mine as well... Very nice score tho!

Anyone experimenting with 8" subs these days? I have a single 8" CVL-8 (older version) on my IA 20.1 at 4 ohms. The truck its in is a Regular Cab Ranger. My latest score is a 135.4db on a termlab and im looking for more. Right now im doing sub up, port to the drivers side. 4" PVC port with 3/4" rounds on each end (poor mans aero //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif) and the box is .8 cubes before sub displacement. My peak is at 46hz. Anyone have any tips or pointers?
PS: I know 450rms is pretty low power also, but the custom 8" im having built will allow me to run my 20.1 at 1ohm so this should give me a nice increase as well.

Do you have a build log for this? Love seeing other reg cab rangers

I'm going to do a sealed Audiopulse Epic 8 on 1200rms this summer lol Wont put up great numbers because it's sealed, but should do pretty well

Do you have a build log for this? Love seeing other reg cab rangers
I'm going to do a sealed Audiopulse Epic 8 on 1200rms this summer lol Wont put up great numbers because it's sealed, but should do pretty well
Nope no build log, just kinda throwin it together as equipment gets here. SPL audio is working on a RD sonance 8" sub for me.

here is the thing, do you think your 8" will handle being beat on for 30 seconds at a time? sure it will burp high, but at what will it play music ya know? if i went up against someone with a single 8" in bassrace i would be thrown back, but then again i have seen weirder

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.