spl sub box design i need help bad

balthis

ok i got a 07 silverado ext cab. the back seats have been removed and built a sold base so that my new box can sit flat on, but i cant seem to figure out what box design to go with. i have 4 kicker cvx 12"s there in seperate boxes now and i hit a 144.5 at the rear view mirror at my last cometition i enterd, but ive changed amps since then too so i should be louder. ive got 1 power acoustik a300db and gettin another one asap. 2 of the subs are firein forward and the top 2 or facein the roof. so if yall could steer me in the right directin i would really appreciate it.

the last show i went to i hit 144.5 at the rear view mirror, but i used to differetn songs, the first one was amilli and i hit 144 and the second was a tone i believe it peaked around 52 to 54 hz. but al that ws with my old amps. i got one power acoustic a300db in this monday. it made a world of difference.

so on the box jsut build it as big a possible the subs need 2.25 each.and what should the box be tuned to i was thinkin arond 35 hz

will this be a double purpose box? like for dialy as well as for spl or purely spl, if so id recommend finding where your peak is in your car and tunig 4-6 below that. with a large box. subs up port back. if your serious about an spl setup many people can help you here, and i can get a decent design for you, send me a pm with your dimensions and we can go from there if youd like.

and do a shared space box as well, them individual chambers prolly stole close to 3db or more from you with those subs.
I'd like to hear the reasoning behind this assertion //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

if your organization meters in the center windshield build a common chamber enclosure with a port in the center. Woofers and subs facing the roof. If you meter to the corner pass window then build 4 common chamber port on the drivers side all facing up. Your enclosure should net big enough to use PVC get a 6 inch and cut to length using a box calculator program like found on http://www.the12volt.com for daily tune low like 30-35 Hz or for comps tune to 40-45 Hz. You can always make interchangable ports for either situation.

all 4 subs in a 4.5 cube box with a Pvc port tuned to a 4.0 cube box and you will be on point.

Nuff Said!

ok so the best bet would be all 4 firein forward, and the vent on the top of the box facin the roof. do i need a L shaped port or what

yeah L-shape for more overall length 2.25 cf3 each. with two of those amps you're gonna throw 4600 rms at em, they will be maxed! I run two, in a hatch mind you, with a crappy bassworx box vents upward. 1000 rms hitting a good 147 db on an AC. placed on dash. you should hit low to mid 150's? even in a truck.

im goin to a show the 28th of november in bristol tennessee. i got em wired up at 1 ohm. and done a lil tweakin to everything. i aint gona have time to build my box before then but il porst what i hit with just one of the a300db's ive got the subs firein twards the back of the truck and all my buddies say im right around the 150 mark with my pre fab boxes. i cant wait to get my new one built

im goin to a show the 28th of november in bristol tennessee. i got em wired up at 1 ohm. and done a lil tweakin to everything. i aint gona have time to build my box before then but il porst what i hit with just one of the a300db's ive got the subs firein twards the back of the truck and all my buddies say im right around the 150 mark with my pre fab boxes. i cant wait to get my new one built
If you know what it takes to create 150dB, then you wouldn't be making this thread. That is such an incredible amount of sound pressure that any pre fab box would likely crack before it could be pressurized to that level. To get to that level, you need to have an enclosure tuned for your specific speaker, input power and vehicle.

i made the thred to get some help on a box desogn cause honestly o have now idea about buildin one and gettin everything right. i dont care to drop money into it. and time figurein it out. i jsut ned a lil help with gettin the specks i need

well the only true way is too build several boxs and test each one.then you also need to test port lengths once you find the right box.oh and then there is box size.it dont matter what the specs for the woofer are you need to find the max spl in the vehicle.this is time consuming and will eat alot of money.unless you find someone that has same truck with a build just like your same design and power and it still might not work for your truck.I've built so many box's for my crx I tried other peoples designs. shot I ran the same equipment and box as another guy doing a 156 I only got to a 153 for me but I'm sure there was some stuff done to his car too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.