spl speaker for daily use? Is it ok?

sethbuckner
10+ year member

i've heard rumors that SPL speakers such as fi btl, dc soundlabs, , dd and others arn't exactly designed for daily use... I'm wanting to upgrade from kicker cvx's and solo barics to either a 12" or 15" fi btl or dc lvl 4 or 5... I will be using this vehicle and system on a daily basis. What is everyone's input and opinion on this?

thanks in advance.

-seth

They'll play loud daily, but aren't necessarily a top choice for sound quality. However, I bet they'll still sound better than those Kickers, especially if you've had L7's.

thanks for all of the quick responses.

now with all of the talk about loss in sound quality, what company tries to walk the razor's edge between both worlds?

now with all of the talk about loss in sound quality, what company tries to walk the razor's edge between both worlds?
Why would you want to?

It all comes down to how it's installed and set up...you can make a BTL sound decent, but it wouldn't be a typical application and would likely result in damage if not used properly //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

look at the FS of the sub. that tells you the spl or daily option right there. if a subs FS is 45 htz then ur probly not gonna like the way it sounds in a good 35 htz tuned box

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.