speSome old pics of the aker install i did to my bimmer....

Participant count
  • Participant list

BMWAUDIO

Well iam new to the site but i did this install about a year ago. Some of you might know that when you install aftermarket speakers on a bimmer it attaches to the door panel instead of the door itself. And because the magnet on aftermarket speakers is bigger, the door panel doesnt touch the door where the speaker is mounted. Its a gap of about 3/4 inch.

I saw on e46fanatics.com that ppl where cutting holes on the metel door to allow the magnet to pass to that the door panel and door can sit flush once again.

Here are the pics.

The speaker is a JL AUDIO XR650 CSI.

The Hole:

img0514wj0.jpg

Test fitting the speaker:

img108822211mc4.jpg

Glued and then later screwed the rings:

img053111rn0.jpg

img054711wm3.jpg

This is where the stock factory tweeter went. My aftermarket tweeter was on the a-piller. But after much research i heard that its better having the tweeter and the speaker close by, but not together.

Stock tweeter:

img0534121rv7.jpg

My JL AUDIO tweeter in the housing, about to be installed.

img0538111ur4.jpg

Thanks for viewing.

So what you guys think ?

Edit: Wow i messed up the title lol...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.