Speakers for 2007 Armada

Participant count
  • Participant list

Drooque

CarAudio.com Newbie
US
Hello everyone. Thanks for reading my first post.
Bit about myself: Used to be professional installer about 20 years ago, haven't done anything since. Back then, did quite well at both SQ and DB competitions.
I recently bought a 2007 Nissan Armada that makes my ears cry. It originally had the lesser of the two factory systems. The previous owner installed a Kenwood ddx376bt head unit, a pretty nice sub and amp, and the wiring was done pretty well, but the rest of the speakers are still factory. I bought it without sub or amp, but head unit and wiring is intact. So I am in the market for sub, amp(s), mids, tweets, or passive components, and on a tight budget. The head does have DSP, but I don't know how good it is.
The obstacles are 1: the factory system has 6x9s in front door, 2.5" in front dash, 6.5 in rear door, 1" in upper rear door. I am fairly certain the tweeters and mids, front and back respectively, are wired together parallel. 2: My family goes on many road trips and the kids like to watch movies in the back, at which time I usually fade the sound to the back (so I can't really go without rear speakers).
I initially was looking into active mids and tweets, off 4 channel amp, in factory locations up front, and rear speakers just off head unit. This seems trickier than I expected. I don't think there is a way to separate the front and rear channels and have active two way fronts.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

You would think it wouldn't be too hard to figure out if you can run a 3 way active front stage off my head unit, but it was a pain, with all the firmware upgrades, convoluted settings, etc. But alas, I cannot. So:
1. How terrible would it sound to run two sets of component 6.5" (front and rear) off the head unit?
2. If I did, would there be any point in getting anything much above entry level? above, say, Sound Ordnance P-65CB?
Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...