Speakers fade / cut out

Participant count
  • Participant list
I was hoping someone could help me figure out why my internal speakers and my sub keeps like fading and cuting out like almost every couple seconds. Its weird because it did this a long time ago (like a few months) and it hasn't done it since so I didn't think anything of it and then tonight on my way to work it started doing it and it hasn't stopped. Its hard to describe but my base sounds like its on full blast all the time and the music and the bass cut out on que every couple seconds. My setup is HU Kenwood 316s JL Audio 500/1 and 1 Blaupunkt Overdrive 12. I can only tell you that I checked the JL which only has the power green light no thermal or other bad indicators there and the back of my deck is pretty **** hot. Car is 1991 Buick regal. I'm thinking I may just need more power....but why did it work for months perfectly and now its doing it again????

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif :confused: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

You say that the music FADES and CUTS out. Fading in what sense? Like the volume is turning down or what? Cuting out like how? Just the AMP that runs the subs or the HUs highs TOO. This cutting out you talk about could it be skipping or does it sound like some scratchy sound when it cuts?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.