Speakers/Amp/Sub Quoted Correctly?

weestopher

Hello all,

I am having a shop install some work on my 2015 Fiesta ST and I have in front of me a parts/labor work order. I'm hoping to get new front speakers, a stronger 5 channel amp, and a custom box & sub. Please let me know if what they are quoting me is legit or not. I appreciate it.

Speakers: Audio Development (AD 6 2x front speakers) - $549.00

Labor: 4.5 hours

Amplifier: ARC Audio (X2 1100.5) - $700.00

Labor: 3.5 hours

Subwoofer & Custom Enclosure: JL Audio (12TW3-D4) - $350.00

Labor: 7 hours

MATERIALS: $325.00

Total Parts: $1,924.00

Tax: $149.11

Total Labor: $1,800.00 - ($120.00 per hour)

Subtotal: $3,873.11

That labor price is insane! Mechanics get payed like 50-100 to the hour and they actually work on the car. All they are doing are removing panels and running wires. The labor hours are pulled outta their ***. Max would be 45/hr. No idea if more than 1 guy will be working on the car but it doesn't take 15 hours for a full simple audio system.

I paid 60 an hour for my install; secondary battery, big 3, run power/ground all 1/0 ofc (I had my own they wanted almost 10 bucks a foot for theirs) amp, audio control lc2i, and battery isolator. And I thought that I got hit hard, but 1800 H E L L naw.

Hm okay good thing I posted it on here. Ive been sitting on this quote for a couple weeks now like **** i dont have the money for this right now lol. Thanks for the input guys as every single one of you has been like wtf?? Im in san diego currently looking for someone to install quality and not rip me off :\ i dont even know if i should say anything to these guys

Hm okay good thing I posted it on here. Ive been sitting on this quote for a couple weeks now like **** i dont have the money for this right now lol. Thanks for the input guys as every single one of you has been like wtf?? Im in san diego currently looking for someone to install quality and not rip me off :\ i dont even know if i should say anything to these guys
If you wanna drive up to Los Angeles, I have a shop I use that does great work. They would probably charge half that or a little more than half. They will give you a very close quote over the phone or Yelp if you’d like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you wanna drive up to Los Angeles, I have a shop I use that does great work. They would probably charge half that or a little more than half. They will give you a very close quote over the phone or Yelp if you’d like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yo I'd definitely be down for some shop suggestions!

Hello all,
I am having a shop install some work on my 2015 Fiesta ST and I have in front of me a parts/labor work order. I'm hoping to get new front speakers, a stronger 5 channel amp, and a custom box & sub. Please let me know if what they are quoting me is legit or not. I appreciate it.

Speakers: Audio Development (AD 6 2x front speakers) - $549.00

Labor: 4.5 hours

Amplifier: ARC Audio (X2 1100.5) - $700.00

Labor: 3.5 hours

Subwoofer & Custom Enclosure: JL Audio (12TW3-D4) - $350.00

Labor: 7 hours

MATERIALS: $325.00

Total Parts: $1,924.00

Tax: $149.11

Total Labor: $1,800.00 - ($120.00 per hour)

Subtotal: $3,873.11
Run Forest Run!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.