Speaker wire extension

Participant count
  • Participant list

pghram1500

All, I am going to be installing an LOC in my daughters car. I want to place it in the trunk for easy access to it. Would it hurt to tap into the rear door speakers and instead of placing the LOC in the B pillar, but instead I tap into the wire and run additional speaker wire to the trunk then hookup the LOC and AMP right there. Should cause no difference correct? So much easier to power LOC with AMP 12V positive and negative.

All, I am going to be installing an LOC in my daughters car. I want to place it in the trunk for easy access to it. Would it hurt to tap into the rear door speakers and instead of placing the LOC in the B pillar, but instead I tap into the wire and run additional speaker wire to the trunk then hookup the LOC and AMP right there. Should cause no difference correct? So much easier to power LOC with AMP 12V positive and negative.
Im not sure i totally get your question but it doesn't matter where you get your 12 volt power as long as whatever fuse is connected between that wire and the battery, is rated for the combined load and that wire is large enough for the combined amperage pull. Im not sure LOCs in general have much of a amperage pull though so that shouldn't be an issue

You can probably use your rear speakers as your left and right LOC inputs however your stock stereo may not have a full range signal going to them.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

i don't see y it would make a diff.. mine was in trunk but ran off rear deck speakers but i don't see y longer wire to loc would matter

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.