Speaker whine. How do I get rid of it?

Nico Koutouzis
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
You can only hear the speaker whine from volume 0-2 and then the music goes over it. It still annoying. It is more hearable in the back coaxials. It is not altrnaor whine because it does not go up and down with rpms. It sounds like a higher pitch tone is being played through the speaker along with some static (u can only hear the static if u put ur ear right up to the speaker) s it a bad ground or something?

-I did sand the grounding point

-Sometimes the static goes up and down in volume randomly when the volume is at 0. Please don't say my amp went out already.

-I set the gains with a dmm.

I have krystal rca's from knu which are decent, and they are on the other side of my big power wire. There is however 3 small 18 gauge power wires running along side them for the 2 t.v's and remote line, but i dont think these small power wires can cause that much intererence?

What kind of headunit do you have? My front speakers do the same thing when I have the heat or the A/C on but I am just using headunit power right now

Try taking a stripped piece of thin wire like some 16g or 18g wire, wrap it around the shields on the RCA's in the back of the headunit then attach the ends of the wire to a screw somewhere on the headunit. Your RCA's may not have a consistent ground and therefore you run into problems.

Try taking a stripped piece of thin wire like some 16g or 18g wire, wrap it around the shields on the RCA's in the back of the headunit then attach the ends of the wire to a screw somewhere on the headunit. Your RCA's may not have a consistent ground and therefore you run into problems.
^^^yup search "pico fuse" on here and it will bring up a thread about the fix with pictures

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.