Just bought Kicker door speakers!

Jomodeere93

Hey guys,

Long time creeper, first time poster here. I just purchased some Kicker DS65 6 3/4" and Kicker DS46 4" x 6" door speakers for my truck. It is a 2005 Chevy Silverado Extended Cab. I am excited to put them in this weekend because I am attempting to install them myself. I am just starting in car audio and electronics and I will try and post pictures as the install comes along.

Cool man! Learning the ropes of your car is always fun. You should consider getting a 50x4 amp for thoughs speakers, they will sound ALOT better //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

welcome hope you like them but probably should have been creeping a little longer on speaker selection
Prob still sound better then my fosgate 6.5s lol

if you need any help with the install just pm i have pretty much the same truck just a few years newer. make sure to pick up some self-tapping screws and some weather stripping to put the in with. put the weather stripping in between the speaker frame and the door. and if you want more mid-bass u are going to need to seal up the big hole in the door skin and deadener never really hurts

Thanks for the replies! I am from south ga, Tifton area. I am running them off of the stock head unit for now until I can come up with the funds to put a decent one in. It seems like my list keeps growing for parts I want to add!

Thanks for the replies! I am from south ga, Tifton area. I am running them off of the stock head unit for now until I can come up with the funds to put a decent one in. It seems like my list keeps growing for parts I want to add!
If youre in Tifton, I'm ~30 minutes from you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Welcome to the forum bro. Learn as much as you can on here so you're not like the ignorant locals lol. And I'm constantly swapping equipment in and out of my car (mainly mids, midbass, tweets, and amps) so if you ever need anything, PM me and if I have something you need we can meet up. Actually have a couple amps that'd work for u right now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

I got them for a steal from Crutchfield! 3 of the factory speakers had messed up and only gave a crackly weird sound and since I was on a budget these fit very nicely into my price range!
no problem with that I still have all stock speakers lol and even worse the rears are fucked from my subs flexing the back deck. Also my fronts are beginning to blow...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.