Speaker whine. How do I get rid of it?

I now have the same issue. Only thing I did was pull out the sub and its amp. Now I have this loud *** alternator whine. It does increase with rpm. Its the worst. Never in all my years doing this have I had this problem. I was told to ground the rca inputs at the amp. I dislike having to do something like this. I'm so thinking something went wrong somewhere else.

I now have the same issue. Only thing I did was pull out the sub and its amp. Now I have this loud *** alternator whine. It does increase with rpm. Its the worst. Never in all my years doing this have I had this problem. I was told to ground the rca inputs at the amp. I dislike having to do something like this. I'm so thinking something went wrong somewhere else.
pioneer and kenwood have the pico fuse problem will cause nasty noise in your speakers.

do you know what cause's the pico fuse to pop? well its from people connecting/disconnecting rcas from it while the deck has 12volts hooked to it.it is very common and the fix is to ground the rca too the chassis of the stereo.my pioneer was so bad I couldent even hear music but as soon as i did the ground wire it went away completely.

oh look a sticky at the very top of the electrical forum

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/wiring-electrical-installation-help/198477-engine-whine-ground-loop-fixes-take-two.html

Did u set gains with a dmm? Have u double checked all grounds? A bad ground can cause alot of crazy ish to happen. Pioneers are worse than anyhead unit about popping the fuse for outputs but if there disconnected thats not the problem

I just fixed mine the lasy way. Swapped the rear rca cable with the front...No noise. Then reconnected the front ones again. What do you know, no noise. If it comes back I'll ground the rca's to the chasis

IF you unplugged the RCA's from the head unit and it still has the same issue...it is most likely a ground loop or the amp is picking up noise through the power wires near the RCA's.

The way to fix it is to clean your ground for your amp and make sure you have a solid ground with the same gauge wire as your power. If you still have noise, try routing the remote/power wires for your TV's etc away from your RCA's by at least a foot. Any wires that run parallel to your signal wires can be a source of noise. Its always best to run the wires perpendicular (across) the input/signal wires or keep them away if possible.

Also make sure your head unit is grounded to the chassis/metal and not through the wiring harness. I have found that some harnesses do not have a clean ground so the HU picks up noise or ground loops through another device. Ground the wire within 1 foot of the HU if possible.

turns out it was the led's causing interference. I turned them on and whine. I turn them off no whine. There is however still a slight static noise from the speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.