speaker size

Participant count
  • Participant list

CarAudio.com Newbie
Idaho
I am replacing some oem 6.5 inch speakers in the front doors. The hole in the door metal is 6 inch. I was looking at the Kenwood 1366s speakers
which mount in a 4.75 opening but the outer flange is bigger for sure. I am handy with fabrication and have the time.
It seems that it really doesnt matter what size you get as long as you can get them mounted.My doors are trashed so looks dont matter.
I think I will even run 14 ga speaker wire to them. Any recommends for a pair of 2 way under 40$? The oem were a 1 way flimsy paper joke but they actually sounded ok. I drilled out the rivets and threw them out.I am sure the 1366s sound better than the oem even if they are slightly smaller.. The car is an 07 Yaris hatchback stock.

I put some Scosche speakers in from Walmart. I guess I hear a difference.What do you think of them??
The connector tabs were small so I soldered on some 14 ga speaker wire to the tabs and crimped the other ends to the tiny stock wire. I used regular copper pipe solder.Any problem with that?

The solder is Lenox WS 15039 lead free with selenium. I couldnt find that exact formulation on the web for info but
similar Lenox WS 15032 is ok for electronics and looks the same.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.