Speaker setup for Dodge Ram

Participant count
  • Participant list

YoMoma

Iowa
Hello, I got a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad cab. Dont believe my truck has the premium Infinity system. At least I see no mention of Infinity brand on the deck.

I have 2 speakers (6x9)? in the front door panels and 2 speakers (5 1/4) in the rear door panels. I do have 2 tweeters located in the steel that is between the front windshield and the front and passenger windows that leads to the roof.

This wouldnt be a premium system, would it?

But my system is stock and I dont plan on adding a sub. No room. I use the rear too much for that.

I plan on slowly building up my system so I have new speakers and a new head unit eventually.

But first must come the speakers.

My rears sound like they are shot and I wanted to replace them. I know a few of you have said to just use the front 2 speakers and go from there. But if I add a amp, it would be a low power compared to what some of you guys use. But for now I just want a good speaker setup for my quad cab.

I can spend about $250 on the whole here. Will I need to buy comp since I have existing seperate tweeters?

Still not sure weather I have 6x9 up front or 6 1/2" speakers.

Any more tricks out there in my price range I can use to make a better sounding system?

Speaker enclosures?

What speakers do you all recommend for my truck?

I listen to hard rock and metal most of the time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.