speaker recommendation for fronts

looking for some choices for front 6.5 componemts. I listen to pretty much any genre music and some talk radio. I spend the summers with the top off most times and do not use it as a DD in winter, but do drive the car. I would like good sound but don't need SQ competition winning sound ( especially with the pieces I have). It's a C6 Corvette. I want to add front door components in the stock locations. The HU is a Pioneer NEX8000 that will power the rear speakers as fill. These are currently stock but I will at some point switch them out to some coaxial's. The amp is a Kenwood XR900.5 which will drive the fronts and I have a single JL 10w3v3 in a Stealthbox. Thanks

If you're doing the installation yourself you'll need to buy or make adapters for the doors and the 3.5" full range speakers. I can help with that. This is a good candidate for a CDT MX-Designs 3-way, such as MX-362F or MX-363F upgraded to the MX-M6 woofers for stronger midbass.

The doors also will need to be treated, as stock they are terrible locations for speakers. I can include Hushmat Ultra, from the only automotive sound damping company that makes their product right here in America, and there are other treatments available to make it even better.

I have a corvette as well and have been thinking of getting a JL Audio 10w3v3. How does it sound. Is it enough sub for the corvette.
I've always thought the w3's were okay. w6's on the other hand are very impressive SQ subs but quite pricey.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.