Spare tire is frustrating me...

MonkeyWithACold
10+ year member

I have a 94 Grand Cherokee, and having the spare tire in the back is really, really making me mad, for desinging the box. I really just want my install to look really clean, and there is no way to have it look that clean with the tire right there.

Can anyone show me some pics with good installs with the spare tire in the back (the tire leans up agains the side wall)?

Or give me some other suggestions, I cant resort to not having a spare, and I dont really want to put it on top //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

pfffft, spare tires are for the weak. But yeah you can make your own fiberglass tire well for it stays ont he side of your trunk or w/e. Yes it can be done and yes it's pretty easy .

It's funny you posted this because I just put a huge (9 cf) box in my homeboys grand cherokee with two RE 15's, we discussed the spare tire issue before doing the install, I suggested possibly mounting one under the rearend and he decided to mount it on the top, I guess that's just his preference cause I'd agree with you about not wanting to do that, anyways as far as your situation goes I think you can still make your box look clean by maybe having your box fit tightly against the spare, the spare serves it purpose and you could always have it covered and even bolt it to the to the sidewall so it doesn't move around, that is what I would do, cause you still got plenty of box room like that

Well, the spare is bolted to the wall...And 9 cf, wow thats huge.

I just looked under my jeep to see if there is anywhere to mount the tire...Looked like there was a spot, but I really dont know how easy/expensive that would be to mount it under there.

sounds like your best bet would be mounting it under the rear, all you need to do it is probably some kind of mounting kit, shouldn't be too expensive, and yeah the box we put in my boys jeep took up the entire hatch space, there was only about .5 in of lean way in the sides, at first I thought it wasn't even going to fit, so by mounting the spare in the rear that gives you option of putting in a monster setup with a ton of room to work with

what about the rack that mounts on the bumper. putting the spare behind the tailgate? somthin like that
that sounds like a good idea too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/idea.gif.5acb6a39a9b92425414c316dda202bad.gif

ditch it and get AAA.....i wouldn't of even known of my spare tire had i not installed my system (took off a panel to find a ground spot, BAM!!!theres a donut)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.