Soundstream Ta1.3000d Review...Sort of

Participant count
  • Participant list

bgowdy
5,000+ posts

Heroes are remembered, but legends never die
Review of Amplifier:

Ok so i have not seen to many many people talk about the Soundstream Ta1.3000d's so i figured i would give my input on them. I have pushed for them in the past with out knowing any real info lol. i know that's bad but they seemed pretty good performance wise when a friend had one.

But anyway i have it hooked up and pushing my American Bass HD15 and it seems to be doing a good job at it and it actually sounds pretty good doing it(pretty nice SQ). Its wired at .5 ohm daily and i only have a stock alternator, 2 agm batterys, and 1 run of 1/0, with 1/0 big 3 done(im being nice with the gain knob lol). Depending on the song my elctrical holds up pretty decent(of course certain songs dig alittle harder) I can stay in the 12's on voltage for the most part so im pretty happy about that given the amps size and being considered a budget amp which are usually pretty inefficent. But for its efficiency ill say its pretty decent, of course there are other factors to take into account also but for me its pretty good. I heard people in the past say that the amp would probably get hot being ran at 1 & .5ohms but for me even dropping down on voltage the amp has yet to get really or protect on me, it warms up but doenst get to hot. As far as the terminals and stuff the Power/Ground terminals will fit 1/0 wire with ease. My wire i will admit is budget wire, but its the Bullz OFC none the less, ill say size is AWG 0 gauge but not over sized wire like most the big company's (KNU in particular) but it works fine for me and has been with other builds as well. The Speaker terminals all fit my AT/CT sounds 8 gauge wire with ease as well. Remote wire terminal is the same size as speaker i think lol. But overall im very happy with the amp. I would say its a budget amp but the price i see has went up now on most online stores. One email store had like 3 i think for $250, but other stores prices were at like $375 plus.

I seen a write up the T-Fade did on them and it did 2000 rms clean at 1 ohm, i dont how his load was set up for it but he said it was wired 1 and stayed there so whatever that is called lol. He did a stress test and he said it held up surprisingly well doing the test. He said most amps get "kind of pissed" staying that low of loads, idk. I've also seen a few others that test from 2000-2300 in the 1ohm+ range(1 ohm - 1.8 ohm) which is pretty good givin its rated 2500 @ 1ohm. They also provided info with there test, O-scope pics and write ups. Of course T-fades tests are more credible but i like to take into account all info that i gather so ill say it probably does a solid 2000-2200 @ 1 ohm and ill say 2500-2700 at .5ohm.

I think i have covered pretty much everything, at least what i could think of lol. If you have any questions or anything feel free to ask and ill try and answer if i missed anything.

Given These Are in the Budget Ratings out of 10-

Power Output - 9/10 - Its budget and does really close to rated

Efficiency - 8/10 - Its not to bad on my electrical, idk how big my alt is

Features - 10/10 - its pretty basic all the stuff is as it should be

Durability - 8.5/10 - Given its .5 ohm stable and rated to run it daily ill say thats good durability

SQ - 7.5/10 - Ive owned other budget amps and this ones sounds the best of the ones ive owned

Cosmetic - 8.5/10-The simple black look is nice & it feels like a sturdy amp, Lose the spider lol

Longevity - I have not used it long enough to say that

Now you guys can critique me for my writing if you lol, idc.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

bgowdy

5,000+ posts
Heroes are remembered, but legends never die
bgowdy
Campbellsville, Ky
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies