Review of Alpine SPR-10TW

Participant count
  • Participant list

evilmonstertruk
Premium Member

Premium Member
Maryland
Hey now!!

My ID CTX tweeters blew last week so I went on eBay and was able to get a pair of ID XS tweeters for 70 bucks bnib. But shipping on eBay takes forever so I needed something in the meantime.

I got the Alpines at a pawn shop where I live bnib for $40. I hooked them up last night and had a two hour drive this morning to tune and listen.

Alpine SPR-10TW Type-R 1" silk dome tweeters at Crutchfield.com

Quality

The seem to be really well put together. Came with a bunch of different ways to mount and all the hardware you will need. Even little Alpine logos to put on your tweeter grills when your done installing them.

Sound Quality

I'm running these tweeters off a Alpine MRV-545. Alpine recommendation is from 25-150rms so I'm on the high side of that range and they take it without any worries they are going to blow. Coming from the Image dynamic tweeters I thought maybe the Alpines would be a little less smooth but I was wrong. The Alpines are strong and have a very pleasing sound. The Alpines have a very nice range according to the manufacturer specs and they seem to be pretty accurate. I had my ID's crossed at 4hz but these Alpines sound really smooth at 3.2hz at 12db slope. Even at 6db slope there sound pretty good.

They are also a little louder than the ID's which I like. I don't know if my IDs were going bad for a while but I have to say they are really close to one another in terms of performance.

Conclusion

I'm glad I came across these tweeters because I couldn't stand driving around without any. For 40 bucks these are fantastic!! I'm sure my new Image dynamics will be better but I can't say that with a lot of confidence because these Alpine sound pretty sweet.

Let me know if you have any questions

Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

evilmonstertruk

Premium Member
Premium Member
evilmonstertruk
Maryland
Start date
Participants