Soundstream SPLX 15's

Participant count
  • Participant list

AnthonyO
10+ year member

Budget Banger Connoisseur
I have a chance to get two SPL-X 15's for $310 shipped to my door. Excellent condition. Heres my dilemna, I am running a Soundstream RUB1.2500d. As you all know, these subs are dual 2ohm. So I can only run them at 2ohm mono on the Rub1.2500d as its only 1ohm stable and not .5ohm stable. So I will only be putting 1700 watts to these if I get them. Subs are rated at 1250RMS.

I am so confused on what to do. Help a brother out.

Which series are they? (think there are 3 but know for a fact there are at least 2)
I think you will like them. Forget which exact model mine are (silver cone) but they get low, loud, and sound good doing so.
HF's, There was the HX's and the new HF's

But I will be seriously underpowering them....

Not too bad, no. I've seen a pair of HX on a PB XA4000 though so it depends on what you're trying to do. I will say they will take a good bit of power (this all referencing the HX series). I'm not 100% on the HF as I haven't run that exact series nor seen them in action.

had same setup, aslong as u got the power/juice 0Gauge,big3,H/O alt, atleast 1 xtra Batt, tha rub1.2500 will go .50 ohm, with rise you'll be good, you'll be happy, very, but if u skuuurRed down do it! holla @me for pix, vid demo

My buddy had two D2 L7 12's on his Rubi 2500d, we had it @ 2 ohm in his Firebird and did a 141.3 at the dash sealed, I dropped the amp to .5 ohm and did not touch a setting and we burped a 144.3 first time out. I've had four of those amps, and ran them successfully @ .67 and .5 ohm each daily. I also have three SPLX-HX12's, and would love to try the HF's out as they are the burp subs (High Frequency / HF)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.