SoundQubed HDS310 Enclosure Design

that box you have should sound good according to SQ. that 1.27 tuned to 34.22. if that dont sound decent try that same dimensions but use just port a and b 1.39 tuned to 37.6. you going to have to give it a few day at least to break in..

i doubt that small of a change would make a big difference... maybe the hds just isnt for you. not sure what to say if the specs papermaker are true because thats about ideal for those subs i hear

Your port area is on the higher side compared to the box size. Id do 1.5 cubes tuned to 35hz since you are underpowering by a lot. Those hds 300 series can take a lot of power and abuse. Friend runs a pair on a 6k amp daily

Id say look at the design, knock out the last port wall. As in no need to build a new box just take out that last 9.25 port wall, use a saw, dremel or hammer and chisel.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can just unscrew that port wall and use silicone to seal the holes. Ill give that a try this weekend. I was going to round the corners of my ports as well. Is there anything else I should do? Ie put insulation on the inside or any other tips. I may just build a new box since it's only 50ish bucks and my box is a little beat up.

I want to put a bigger amp in but I'm afraid I'll need to get a new alt and battery then. I'm pushing 1600w rms on my system. My alt puts out 90 amps.

I can just unscrew that port wall and use silicone to seal the holes. Ill give that a try this weekend. I was going to round the corners of my ports as well. Is there anything else I should do? Ie put insulation on the inside or any other tips. I may just build a new box since it's only 50ish bucks and my box is a little beat up.
I want to put a bigger amp in but I'm afraid I'll need to get a new alt and battery then. I'm pushing 1600w rms on my system. My alt puts out 90 amps.
My hds210 did verrry well in a tline. If you ever want to build one I'll dig up the plans. What Jeff said is spot on, 1.5 net @35hz is where these drivers shine.

Shoot for around 1.35-1.4cuft@34hz (net) with around 15.5-16sqin port per cube. The last only time I've had good luck with going bigger than that was 1.5cuft@37hz with 15.5sqin port per cube.

Sent from my SM-G900A using Tapatalk

just get the alt rewounded by a local alt place, a lot cheaper than a new alt.

My HDS3s are tuned to 35 and they play from about 28hz up to 45hz with authority.

I was playing some fiver finger death punch yesterday and it was able to keep up with the quick bass notes nicely.

I'd do 1.25-1.5 with 14-16 in^2 port area per cube, tuned 32-35 hz. I did a hds3 2 12's box to 32 hz, sounds good. I just did a hds3 12 locally, let you know how that sounds when it gets built. Used to be an american bass dealer, the HD and HDC3's used to be the EXACT SAME WOOFER, I've tuned those as low as 24 hz and it was ridiculous. I have another in my vehicle at 28 hz, hdc310, great on lows, actually beat out a DD 3510 in the same box. The box is just a tool to manipulate how a subwoofer sounds. The BOX in which people limit their thinking is not really there.

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

34 and up gets more high bass then I like. 35 hz usually reaches up fairly high with those woofers, and it's strong too. 40-60 hz is strong.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.