Soundproofing

gpvw t5

CarAudio.com Newbie
france
Hello All
i am a little confused about "soundproofing vehicle doors" and would appreciate advice .
Is it necessary for the entirety of the metal surfaces in the door and their accompanying metal panels to be covered in sound deadening material ?
In fact this is how i have proceeded (after following recommended advice ), but have discovered that the doors now extremely heavy!!!
I now wish to remove some of this material to lighten them
please advise
thanks

Thanks for your reply
In fact i have been the using the vehicle (vw t5) for a while ,with the doors fully covered with the sound deadened/proof material >on the inside of the outer door panel and the outside of the metal inner window mech. panel .,( which bolts on ).see images as requested .
The sound is good for a van and i believe that i have made a good job .
But i am fed up with the these heavy doors and wish to lighten them a little by removing some material .
I remember that they felt a lot flimsier before ,so there was scope to add weight .But being heavy stuff this extra weight has really compromised the opening/closing "feel" so the point where it really frustrates me !!. Anyway i hope to be able to remove material whilst retaining the sound deadening quality . ??

Attachments

• IMG_5340.jpg
    IMG_5340.jpg
    750.9 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_5341.jpg
    IMG_5341.jpg
    820.6 KB · Views: 287
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

gpvw t5

CarAudio.com Newbie
gpvw t5
france
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from