sound system cuts out.. HELP

Participant count
  • Participant list

johnthompson
10+ year member

hey guys, I had a system installed back at the end of june at Horizon Motorsports. Anyways, here is my setup. lc-6 converter to an alpine mrx v70 amp. all alpine type s 6x9 speakers in the doors and a memphis audio 10 inch sub. Here is my problem... My system has been cutting out and at the moment hasnt even worked the past couple days. I checked to see if the amp was still on and it is, and is cold to the touch. anyone have any idea what is going on?? power wire is 4g and so is the ground wire

i had a similar problem where my amp would cut out at high volumes. i replaced the rca's and havnt had a problem since. theres many things it could be though.

i had a similar problem where my amp would cut out at high volumes. i replaced the rca's and havnt had a problem since. theres many things it could be though.
hmm.. mine doesnt matter what the volume is at. and if it were the rca cable then the amp would be warm from trying to push power right?

hmm.. mine doesnt matter what the volume is at. and if it were the rca cable then the amp would be warm from trying to push power right?
i would think so, but im not 100% surr to be honest. it would make sense your amp needs a signal from rcas to push power. it doesnt get warm that would leave me to believe its not getting a signal from your rca's which is further evidence of bad rca's. but I'm not 100% sorry. the rca wires is the fist thing id look at. make sure all your wires are secure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.