Sound Quality of Audio Integrations' Perfect Fit Enclosure vs a Custom Built One

Participant count
  • Participant list

Duper

I was quoted $700 by a local installer to build and install a custom fiberglass enclosure for my JL 10w6v2 sub in my 2011 Camaro and make it look pretty close to a stock install. However, I stumbled across Audio Integrations who already sells a $330 custom fiberglass enclosure that looks pretty **** good IMHO and matches the specs of my JL sub perfectly!

My question is simply - is there any reason I should have my local guy build me a box? Would he be able to get better sound quality out of his enclosure over Audio Integration's?

Thanks!

i don't know what sound you are trying to achieve, however, do you think you need to paid 330 dollars to make it look pretty?

if it's the look you are looking for, i'll say go ahead, but if not, i think you can get away cheaper by doing it locally.

i don't know what sound you are trying to achieve, however, do you think you need to paid 330 dollars to make it look pretty?if it's the look you are looking for, i'll say go ahead, but if not, i think you can get away cheaper by doing it locally.
As I stated,

Local guy = $700; Audio Integrations = $330

I want a stock look and feel (not some box sitting in my trunk)

My question is essentially - Are all fiberglass enclosures of equal quality... Meaning, could I build a cheap fiberglass enclosure that doesn't produce as accurately as another one? Or would is the build process essentially the same for all fiberglass enclosures and the sound produced will be the same?

From what I understand, a creatively shaped MDF box might look and work about the same, but would be heavier and I'd have to figure out a way to secure it so it can't fall over or whatever during 'spirited' driving.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.