sony xplodes bangin :( y is that?

coming from someone that owned sony subs.. they arent *that* bad but they should cost like $30... isnt there a model that goes for like $400? they have no SQ what soever and do not get very low (but i only had 10's) they can just pound from like 45-70hz but also bottom out in a ported box with only like 200 real watts.. i paid about the same for these g1's as i did for those a long time ago, and its not even close how much better these are, and compared to what alot of you guys run, my g1's are weak.. (i like em tho)

and the xplods are so fkn ugly... i think ppl would think they sound better if they just looked better lol

what ghetto junk do you have..
One system I run is a 2 single coil 4 ohm powerbass subs 12" $45 a piece, 250 rms, With an old kenmore 850 watt @ 2 ohm in a slot ported pre-fab. Hit's 142+ termlab. In the trunk.

Every day it amazes me how 99% of people on this forum have an anti-boner for xplod's.

Everyone compares them to subs that are not even marginally in the same price range, no effin crap they're not gonna take 2k watts and be as loud (or good sounding) as anything from IA or Sundown (or funky pups).

Considering they can be bought at wally world, they're really not bad for the price. (If that's all you can afford).

i have 1 hooked to my yamaha home stereo.it does a good job on teh explosions in the movies lol
yeah everyone know how the xplode series are lowend monster. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

What's your tuning in ht with that sub? it won't hit under 45hz i'm pretty sure

One system I run is a 2 single coil 4 ohm powerbass subs 12" $45 a piece, 250 rms, With an old kenmore 850 watt @ 2 ohm in a slot ported pre-fab. Hit's 142+ termlab. In the trunk.

nice. you pull that bish out of an old microwave?

for the price , i dont see why people dont run a crazy amount of them in a wall. for $30-40 a piece , you can easily replace them if one ****s up. and iirc , they didnt really do to bad on the great 12" challange.

nice. you pull that bish out of an old microwave?
I'm always doing that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I used to own an appliance store. I've said, Wrote and thought Kenmore way more than Kenwood lol. Hard habit to break.

Ive seen 140's out of a pair.

People like to assume they **** just because they are "budget" subs.

Ill agree, they are nothing like fi, re, sundown etc, but with the right amount of power/right box they can hit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.