sony xplode

• Thread starter <needamp>
  • Start date
  • Replies 8
  • Views 3K
Hmm single voice coil 8 ohm. Thats going to be tuff to get an amp to push it loud. If you get another sub you can wire them in parallel thus yielding a 4ohm load, which almost any amp can push easy. Then all you need is a 200 to 400 watt amp. Look at mtx amps.

i owuld recommend taking that sub back, if you can, and seeing if they had a 4 ohm version, or like speedygolf said, invest in another sub to get more power from the amp you are gonna get...

dont get npther, just go back and get a 4 ohms sub, if you did get another sub, yopu copuld have a 4 0ohm load, but it doesnt matter because youd still be giving each sub very little power, unless you spend lots of money for a amp that does 800 at 4 ohms bridged. you could get a RF punch 800.2 for about 315 and bridge the amp to the 2 and have 500 or so to each sub. but then youd have spent extra on 2nd sub and bigg amp. if you had one 4 ohms sub, yopu could stick witrh a small amp like 360.2 or so for under 200.00 and have saved the money on the 2nd sub also, and seeing as you bought a sony sub and only 1, it doesnt sem like yourplannig on competing so it doisnt really matter.

i would junk any thing sony sony used to be a good name in the audio industry but now they **** my sony 5000x head unit has a mind of its own DON'T BUY SONY!!!

Originally posted by :i would junk any thing sony sony used to be a good name in the audio industry but now they **** my sony 5000x head unit has a mind of its own DON'T BUY SONY!!!
I agree, sony does not make good car audio eqipment.

i would like to disagree. i have a sony x-plode HU and have not had any problems with it. i also have a sony reciever for my home system. i am totally happy with both.

i would like to disagree. i have a sony x-plode HU and have not had any problems with it. i also have a sony reciever for my home system. i am totally happy with both.

sorry im a idiot i thought it was 8 ohms but it acutaly is 4 ohms . 450 watt , so what kinda amp do u think i should get i dont really have enough money for another sub right now

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.