Sony Xplod?????

Fingaz00

thinking about putting a whole sony xplodes set-up in my nissan altima 2000........but im looking towards you pro's to see what i really need to get.....only thing is...is that everything has to be from BESTBUY because of a special price im getting.........so if anyone can help me out and let me know.....right now im thinking of SONY XPLOD MP3 h/u....6.5 all around 3-way sony xplode......2 12's xplode in a bandpass box.....and a 760 w sony xpolde amp......but im not to sure....i want my 12's to bump HARD...real hard....nice semi-competition sounding system...but from BESTBUY....help me out:confused:

i'm not familar with what best buy carries, but if your getting a special price??!!!if you go with sony,i can't emphasize this enuff, make sure it's ES series. the regular xplod stuff is "wal-mart" brand quality. most here will tell you to stay away from anything sony except hu's. i haven't had any real trouble out of my ES amp yet. it get's hot now but i think it's due to the 2xs in front of it. there was a certain car around here that hit 148db(or so) with all xplod ES stuff, the only thing is that the box was close to 5^3ft for two twelves. also most say stay away from bandpass.

more importantly,than all the opinions you will and can get, is listen to the set-up b4 you buy. if you like it, buy it!

i agree with mrray13 to the fullest. Please do yourself a favor and stay away from the sony subs and amps. I ran them in my car and they sound like crap and they are crap. They blew out with in a week when i was sending the rms wattage! Bc it's best buy i'm pretty sure they don't carry the es models nor can they order it. or so my friend who works there says. As for the amp, i'm running their new 760w model right now and after 3 weeks of playing, it's quality has degraded signicantly. if you can get a deal go for the rockford equipment they have there. As for their hu, it's not bad at all. For the interior speakers i would recomend going for the cerwin or pioneer instead. you don't have to all equipment be from one manufactor.

hope this helped

latta

Best Buy, go witht he sony HU, then grab two Fosgate HE2s, or HX2s. THen grab a Fosgate 700s amp, or something there aboutd, depending on the speakers you get. Grap some fosgate component 6.5" and tweets, and some fosgate 6x9s. The amp and the subs are some of the best out there, in my opinion, you might try infinity mids instead of fosgate if you wish. But for the amps and subs go, as far as best you can get at Best Buy, stay with the Fosgates over the Sonys. I love my HU its a CDX-M610, have not any problems at all.

u girls think you can beat my award winning system i got sony xplod 52wx4 and my fusion crossover can't forget my area 51 2400watt amp and my 4 rockford fogate 20 inch subs cant forget my kickers my puny 15s mounted in the back in my seat in my 92 cutless.

Dude like the others said if ur gonna buy from best buy(and i work at best buy) as far as subs and amps go i would go with the fosgate sure there gonna be a little more expensive man but they sound soooo much better and can handle alot more or at least the ones in my car can i dont know if ur buying them open box or what(wich can be risky) but like everyone else has said dude buying xplods would be wastin ur money especially when they do stand a high chance at blowin

Alright, i know everyone hates on sony, but i think in the right setup they sound good and last long. My friend has 2 xplod P5's in his s-10 running an ma audio amp to them... I'm not sure of the watts goin to them. O yea they're twelves. But newayz, hes had them for about 7-8 months now. They sound really clear and hit really hard when they need too. I wouldnt buy anything else made by sony but the P5 subs, i think other than HU's thats sonys best product. But yea, go with RF for everything else best buy style.

Sony's don't "sound good" or "last long". They do just as the name says and xplode. They are barly a step above Lanzar and Legacy. I tried some in my sisters car and they didn't last the week of break in time. Best Buy carries better brands, Rockford Fosgate, Pioneer and Kenwood. Get the RF HE2 subs, RF Punch 900 or Punch 2400 amp. Sony amps **** bad, they over heat and cut out a lot, plus you'll be lucky if it lasts you year. As for a HU... get the Pioneer DEH-P8500M much better then Sony. RF FRC4306 or Pioneer TS-A1670R would be a better choice. Would sound and hit a lot better then Sony, but it's not my money.

I got a Sony MP40 HU and that works great, also got some sone 6.5's in the front and 6x9's in the back all sony explod range I got the top 4 way ones tho I tested em in the shop first and I felt they sounded best than most the others except some pioneers which I couldn't afford. Had all my sony speakers for a year now and they are still working great.

Altho i must agree I've heard some bad stuff about sony subs / amps also noticed the amps are a sealed unit so if something small brakes inside, your retailer wont repair it like most other amps.

All I can suggest is like the others said try it out in the shop first.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.