SONY XPLOD SUBS(4 tens)

Participant count
  • Participant list

MR_LOWRIDER
10+ year member

junior spl'r
CANADA
I am looking to try out 4 -10" sony xplod subs(lowest model) in my 91 S-10 ext.cab and i'm looking to build a box about have of the ext. cab below the glass.My amp is a sony XM-3001SXD d-class mono block.I will be running the 4 tens in one ohm at 1000 rms.I already tried out my amp on my cousins 4-PPI tens and we hit 142.8 db's(sealed box 7.5 cu.ft in a minivan)and this was in 2 ohms at 600 rms with my sony amp pretty kool stuff (clean and responsive bass) I was surprised and so where the people watching because everyone doubts sony and likes to diss there stuff.. anyhow I can bring back these subs back if i don't like what they can do.Before i do want to here some stories good and bad about these subs and what db's they can hit in a sealed or ported box.Keep it real and keep it cranked.

i have only heard bad things about the sony xpload subs,

Try the mtx 6000, they are a lot better and cost around the same if you know were to get them

2 days ago i went to 6th ave electronics store (kinda like a circuit city) with my friend b/c he refused to listen to me and not buy the **** that day... I told he coulda gotten everything he wanted for the price he was willing to pay.. but instead he only got 1 sub and 1 box.... Any how.. we were in the sub room and i asked the salesman to play the jlw3 for him.... he wanted a sony (again refuseing to listen to me) so i advised him.. "if your gonna get a sony, its gotta at least be the ES series" (which i am hearing rumors that sony discontiinued the ES series) anyhow.. i ask the salesman to play the 10" ES.. and you wouldnt believe it if you saw it.. the blew the ****ing thing to pieces... literally.. totaly blew the sub.. I couldnt help but start rolling on the floor laghing so hard i almost pissed myself... I wasnt even laghing at the guy whop blew the sub.. i was really laghing at my friend and his horrified look he had on his face.. he looked like he just witnessed a murder... needless to say the saleman was so embarresed he just walked offand got someone else to help us.. well.. thats my story...

It's the little things in life....

LuRp

Yeah everyone says the subs don't last and i guess thats proof.The mobile es line does come with the three year warr. but it really sux when you are without bass for any lenght of time.So i guess i should stay clear away from these subs even if i could try them for 30 days risk free.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.