**** Sony Xplod Mounting Bracket!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Cpyder
10+ year member

Audiophile
IL
I'm helping a friend replace her Sony Xplod Blaupunkt RPD 555 head unit with an Alpine CDA-9884. She's got a Ford Focus with some Sony Xplod adapter kit for the dash and I can't figure out how to remove it. I know there are keys that you need to slide into two holes, but we don't have those. Is there another way? Or do you think Best Buy or somewhere would do it for a fee?

Solution: buy two metal, threaded dowel rods small enough to fit into the holes. Insert them as far as possible and apply pressure outwards, effectively trying to pull the rods away from each other while pulling the head unit towards you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.