Sony Xplod 6x9

Participant count
  • Participant list

BoominEclipse
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ohio
Had to go with these 6x9's in my girlfriends car because she wouldn't let me get her anything good. So i thought, well hell, they are 6x9's and her old ones sounded pretty good even though they were blown so these should sound better than stock speakers.

Wrong!

Hooked em up, sealed them in real good, turned them on ... what is this! No bass just some rattle. I basically just added more highs than anything. What a let down.

The old stock speakers ... notebook paper cone 6x9's blew these things away and they were blown. lol

Sony Xplod = waste of money ... buy yourself a pair of sneakers or something instead.

I assume the polarity is correct ? Stock head unit or aftermarket ? Amplified by an external amplifier or not ?

They *should* sound better than the stock ones, that's for sure.

Which exact model are they ?

- Steve

I just bought her a new CD receiver which is a

Pioneer 50W x 4 XM-Ready CD Deck with MOSFET50 Amp

and

Sony Xplod XS-W6921 6x9's

I understand that this cd player doesn't give ample power to the speakers but before I installed the speakers I hooked it up to the old stock speakers and it slammed them. And of course since they're stock speakers it's most likely that they had a lower rms wattage rating and the receiver handled them well. But come on, nothing from these Xplods.

They sure do look like they are doing something but nothing's coming from them on the bass side.

Yeah, try reversing the polarity and see if that does anything ...

I assume you've set everything up on the head unit as well, so it's not set "flat" ... tailored to your custom specifications.

- Steve

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.