Sony XM-2252HX

LAOPRINCE

I've got an sony xm-2252hx amp and need some help installing it. This amp is really sensitive to where the ground is connected to and how the subs are connected. Is there anyone that can help me out with this????//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Thanx!

when putting the ground wirea anywhere, look for bare metal. if you find metal and its painted, you have to scrape the paint of of the metal for the ground power that you need and to ensure that it is grounded properly. make sure your ground and power wire are the same gauge. when hooking the subs up, make sure you know the specs of the amp. see if its bridgable and how many ohms its stable @. also check to see the specs of the subs. if u dont think u can do it, theres always shops around that will do it for u or if ur lucky enough. theyll tell u what to do for free.

confused //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

The xm amps from sony arent hard to mount at all, just plain old power, ground and remote will do the trick...

For the rest, if your sub is a basic sub then you just have to form a circuit from the amp to the sub meaning you conncet your speaker cables from the amp to your sub, if the sub has one set of connects then it really doesnt matter how you connect it as long as both are connected and a circuit it formed

If you have dual coil crap or even more exotic subs then you should not have bought that xm amp *G* kidding... Just read the amp ports and the sub ports and connect A to A and B to B etc.

If you fawk it up while connecting amp to sub then dun worry, you cant really blow the sub for connecting it wrong on the amp

gl

Originally posted by richie1 when putting the ground wirea anywhere, look for bare metal. if you find metal and its painted, you have to scrape the paint of of the metal for the ground power that you need and to ensure that it is grounded properly. make sure your ground and power wire are the same gauge. when hooking the subs up, make sure you know the specs of the amp. see if its bridgable and how many ohms its stable @. also check to see the specs of the subs. if u dont think u can do it, theres always shops around that will do it for u or if ur lucky enough. theyll tell u what to do for free.

I have the kenwood tornado subs and the amp is stable at 1 ohms.

There is a great repair place in atlanta called high-end car audio repair center their address is 1919 metropolitan ave atlanta Ga. 30315 they have very fast and precise service i highly recommend them. their # is 404-763-2005 or 770-473-6556

AUDIOPHILE4LIFE

ps their prices are great !!! and shipping and handling ups is cheap

their email is (FRIFRI@BELLSOUTH.NET)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.