Sony rsx gs9... just an opinion on latest in hi res audio

axeshredder
10+ year member

So if no one has heard of the new Sony, lol yes Sony rsx car receiver, the first thing that will completely scare you is the $1,499 price tag. I've made high priced mistakes on various JL Audio products, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Besides, my audio guy wanted to hear one so bad, he ate some of the price tag. Lol. Now, the haters will inevitably arise, and say not worth price, but there is no way, NO WAY, any person who hears one will say "sounds bad". And if you're one who only wants the loudest, semi sound quality system around, then maybe you're not truly into music. Yes, Sony decided to put out a serious car radio that has all the technology of their home receiver. This thing is freaking high resolution true digital radio. The cable uses is hd fiber optic. Basically, for all us dummies out there like myself, The receiver takes a compressed audio file from 320kps, and decompresses it giving it over 4000kps. It's the most amazing thing I've ever heard, but anyone would have to hear it for themselves, and hear all the sounds, ESPECIALLY BASS, that we've been missing. Yes, you will need a processor, or if you don't, then why bother. lol I have a rockford 360. ALSO FREAKING AWSOME. Can adjust each speaker with 248 band eq. 8 channels, 8 speakers, tuned to how you want using an computer interface. Oh, lastly, NO CLIPPING. Since it's a fiber optic digital signal, it is the signal that goes to amps, not the amps themselves. Yes, of course you have to pay attention to rms wattage, but you don't have to worry about clipped signal. It's freaking amazing. Worth it. Or, like I said, if you like plain loud without all those low ends, highs, and EVERYTHING in between, then not for you. lol

its cool its high res but its definitely over-price.. the pioneer unit uses similar tech and has alot more features for less. granted the sony probably does sound better since you HAVE to use processors id bet the pioneer is **** close for 1/2 the price..

its cool its high res but its definitely over-price.. the pioneer unit uses similar tech and has alot more features for less. granted the sony probably does sound better since you HAVE to use processors id bet the pioneer is **** close for 1/2 the price..
Sorry, but pioneer, in addition to any other current head unit out there is still analog. Not even in the same conversation as digital. The features. Yes, doesn't have a big screen, gps, video, or even a cd, but you can play any audio file that exists. I don't have a stereo for features, I have it for performance and clarity. I guess to some, one other drawback is that every speaker must be amped, and every speaker on it's own channel. Yes, also I'm sure the price will come down, but I'm telling you, never heard anything like it. My child, who grew up on compressed media, said it sounded so incredibly different. Oh, and the pioneer will still produce a clipped signal. The sony will not. IT CAN'T. No clipping. Worth half the price right there. LOL

Sorry, but pioneer, in addition to any other current head unit out there is still analog. Not even in the same conversation as digital. The features. Yes, doesn't have a big screen, gps, video, or even a cd, but you can play any audio file that exists. I don't have a stereo for features, I have it for performance and clarity. I guess to some, one other drawback is that every speaker must be amped, and every speaker on it's own channel. Yes, also I'm sure the price will come down, but I'm telling you, never heard anything like it. My child, who grew up on compressed media, said it sounded so incredibly different. Oh, and the pioneer will still produce a clipped signal. The sony will not. IT CAN'T. No clipping. Worth half the price right there. LOL
now i fully read your post and its clear you don't understand electronics. you can CLIP ANY SIGNAL. they do however offer clipping compensation circuits trough feedback that sound just as bad *** the clipping...

Exactly, because a pioneer, or other head unit can't decompress, or reproduce digital media files for crap. The best they can do is receiver in analog. So you kinda answered your own question, and dude. digital is always better. Kinda like HD TV? Heard of it? Again, digital, no clipping. But like I said, I guess people like like crappy sound of a head unit, or amp clipping, cause we all know no one really uses an o scope. LOL. Yah, and it will also pick up a reproduce 24hz to 40,000. Again pioneer reproducing at 320kps. Sony reproducing at 4,000kps. The technology isn't even close. LOL. Like I said, won't be for everyone, but please don't compare a pioneer to it. Maybe ok back in the day, but now they're about a crappy as a kenwood. Lowest clipping threshold of all head units. LMAO. So whatevs

Exactly, because a pioneer, or other head unit can't decompress, or reproduce digital media files for crap. The best they can do is receiver in analog. So you kinda answered your own question, and dude. digital is always better. Kinda like HD TV? Heard of it? Again, digital, no clipping. But like I said, I guess people like like crappy sound of a head unit, or amp clipping, cause we all know no one really uses an o scope. LOL. Yah, and it will also pick up a reproduce 24hz to 40,000. Again pioneer reproducing at 320kps. Sony reproducing at 4,000kps. The technology isn't even close. LOL. Like I said, won't be for everyone, but please don't compare a pioneer to it. Maybe ok back in the day, but now they're about a crappy as a kenwood. Lowest clipping threshold of all head units. LMAO. So whatevs
you sure about that? just used my scope the other day

add a few more "lol" "lmao" and "rofl" to the beginning and end of your sentences for best results

also OP, what the fuck is a clipping threshold? never seen that in specs

WTF is this guy (the OP) talking about?
I was talking about how well you and your old lady **** cvock. You and every other cvock mouth on here knows everything, but don't know ****. Oh, and the rest want to push crappy audio like sundown, or some other CRAP. Eat a dvick dude. it is what you're best at

i dont care how much you decompress something you will never get the original signal..

im glad you like you unit. good luck..

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

digital means it contains only 2 states. off or on. simple as that.

you sure about that? just used my scope the other day
add a few more "lol" "lmao" and "rofl" to the beginning and end of your sentences for best results

also OP, what the fuck is a clipping threshold? never seen that in specs
Now you proved your a dumbazz. For example, when you hook up that o scope you supposedly use, you'll know that a KENWOOD head unit clips at 28. That's pretty commonly known STUPIDFVUCK. Just as ALPINE clips at volume of 31. Then of course after that, you find out where the amp clips, and dial back from there. Course, you know this because you have such a nice setup, and you've used your o scope so many times. What a dumbazz

i dont care how much you decompress something you will never get the original signal.. im glad you like you unit. good luck..

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

digital means it contains only 2 states. off or on. simple as that.
sorry, but not true. Analog can't decode above 5/1. I say digital, I should actually be saying OPTICAL, because it is an optical cable. Cant use rca, and why would one want to? Cause rca's are only analog. sooooo yah. Thx.

I was talking about how well you and your old lady **** cvock. You and every other cvock mouth on here knows everything, but don't know ****. Oh, and the rest want to push crappy audio like sundown, or some other CRAP. Eat a dvick dude. it is what you're best at
Awe....someone's e-feelers are hurt.

most electronics are digital and digital isn't always better. the pioneer unit is capible of CD playback and flac compression which is very close to losses. the recordings are @ 320 kbps not the head units ability to read the format, retard..

i cant believe you refer high definition tv to better. any formate wether analog or digital can be high resolution. analog is just bulky. i can do anything with enough relays that a PLC can do..

the pioneer wilt also play wav which is losses

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.