sony help for a nube

Participant count
  • Participant list

juda86

I have two sony XS-GTX101LW ten inch subs. max peak power on them is 1100w, but the rms is 420w. they are 4ohm subs. what is the best amp set up to push them? any insight will be helpfull.

Ive also herd to go mono amp over the other style. please explain the difference for a nube.

Dude not talking chit but i would rather you sell those and get a better sub like 1 12 maybe a dcon or a sundown e series might fit your budget and sound much better if you do keep these subs however maybe a i would suggest maybe a mrp-m650 for your budget... but thats my .02 alot of people will say a diff amp what is your budget tho by those subs i was thinking not so high

I have two sony XS-GTX101LW ten inch subs. max peak power on them is 1100w, but the rms is 420w. they are 4ohm subs. what is the best amp set up to push them? any insight will be helpfull.Ive also herd to go mono amp over the other style. please explain the difference for a nube.
If they are single voice coil 4 ohm subs you want an amp that does 600-800w rms at 2 ohms mono. There is mono and 2 channel type amps, typically 2 channel amps are class a/b while mono amps are class d. Also class d is usually more efficient. Stay away from pyle, pyramid, boss, planet audio anarchy, and the like and "peak" wattage ratings. Also read up on the gain setting tutorial. What enclosure do you have?

If they are single voice coil 4 ohm subs you want an amp that does 600-800w rms at 2 ohms mono. There is mono and 2 channel type amps, typically 2 channel amps are class a/b while mono amps are class d. Also class d is usually more efficient. Stay away from pyle, pyramid, boss, planet audio anarchy, and the like and "peak" wattage ratings. Also read up on the gain setting tutorial. What enclosure do you have?
Thanks for that i forgot his complete q lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.