sony decks... good or crap

the cdx-c90 is the only h/u i would purchase from sony. only "problem" is that it doesn't have an internal amp, gotta use a separate 4-channel. Sony's new crap notoriously ***** my butt 12 times. if you listen to mp3's a lot, get an alpine or a kenwood.

I wouldn't own a sony if someone gave it to me. I have yet to hear one that didn't skip when the bass hits.
oh i'm sure that you'd take the cdx-c90 if you heard it. if you wouldn't, well then, i do declare you would have to be deaf. just take a quick gander at it

my first head unit was a sony mobile es head unit back about 5-6 years ago. this is when the c-90 was made also. the c 90 was no joke for real. but my ehad unit was awesome in my opinion. i think it was like the cdx-8050 something. anyway it was like 2nd to the c90. top notch mobile es. it had hxdsp, time a lignment, 3 sets of 4 volt preouts. non fading sub out, digital 7 position eq, dsp processor, i mean it had a **** load of features, i didnt even use em all. it had level controls for the front, rear, and the sub out, not just the sub out. there was only one thing that i hated about that thing and that was that the **** little tick marks they use for volume indication. i wish they used numbers. they had 10 tick marks and eveytime u turned the dial two clicks it would be 1 tick mark. but i only usually turned it up halfway and it would sound excellent. t he sq was excellent from it too. i never ran the internal amp, i never have ran an interrnal amp out of any head unit of mine. i always use clean amps to power my speakers. so i cant really say much abou thta. i loved it. it skipped soemtimes but only because my car rode lik hell and it shook the **** out of it. it wasnt mounted tight like i wanted it either. if anyone knows which head im talking about i tell you i loved it. it was one of the better sony's. some of my friends got teh other sony's and honestly i think they ****** ass. but they were lik entry level ones. though. they skippped all the time and the sq wasnt that great. but i thought i had a purty good one. now i got an alpine hehee! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

It seems like you need to spend more money (for a Sony) to get good features/quality that other brands provide at a lower price.

I ordered my Clarion DXZ835mp yesterday. The 935 was too much for what seemed to be the same features except for the fancy face. We'll see how that sounds.

sony decks ****. i used to have one installed in my car, i couldn't take the sound so i switched to alpine. for the price it costs, sony's aren't worth it. get pioneers or alpines.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.