Sony amps, are they really as bad as people say?

emoney5521

I am lookin at the sony xm-3001sxd and the xm-1502sx. The price of them is really not that bad and i think you will get the performance for the buck. Why does sony get such a bad rep for their amps? Whats so bad about them, from what i see they look like they will do a great job powering my 2 sony XSL1235 12" subs.

I had the sony explod (i don't remember the model #) 4 channel 75x4 amp pushing my 15inch mtx's and it sounded fine to me. I don't think it pushed as many watts as it says it does though cuz i had it bridged and it really didn't beat like i thought it should but other than that it was an ok amp til it got stolen. I do remember it overheating sometimes when it was really hot outside and i had it up loud.:p

The amps are frequent victims of overheating and are also a far cry from thier claimed ratings. (mobile ES excluded) They do however provide an ok bang for the buck amplifier, the problem there lies with other manufacturers offering quite a bit better quality for the same money.

The really good side to Sony though, is that they are clean and clear amps. In fact, the Xplod line tested less THD than McIntosh's Amplifier line up did last year. That does say alot, considering McIntosh is one of the industries ultra-high end manufacturers.

Basically what it comes down to aside from a few reliability issues, is some mis-information and better choices available for the money.

take it easy,

-zane

well put i sell sony amps and i couldnt agree more. great amp for non volume masters or for 6x9's anything else get the es......but do realize what zane said about different amps as well..as long as there is ebay there is a way to get better amps for the same money.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif ehehe im not on commission so i can say this in clear conscience and not effect my pocketbook lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.