!somebody Who Has Hooked Up Their Amps And Subs Im Their House!!!!(read Now!!!!!!!!)

BigBoomer
10+ year member

Aka: Sgt. Slam
Maypearl, Tx
ok, i have a ?... how could i hook up regular speaker wire (16g) into the RCA inputs on my RoadGear 80w amp???????!?!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif :confused: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif :confused:

as far as i know, you cant. do you have a power supply?

i have my rca's going to a set of my a/v outputs on my tv, the power and ground from my amp to the power supply. the remote wire goes from the remote to the positive (on the amp of course). you can use a/v outputs on a receiver too.

Originally posted by musclehead as far as i know, you cant. do you have a power supply?

i have my rca's going to a set of my a/v outputs on my tv, the power and ground from my amp to the power supply. the remote wire goes from the remote to the positive (on the amp of course). you can use a/v outputs on a receiver too.

ya i gotta power supply...a battery charger...its ghetto..back on topic: what i wanna do is hook up my old subs to my stereo (uhh... lemme find a link to what i have: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/detail.gsp?image=http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/08/64/83/04/0008648304320_500X500.jpg )

not exact but close enuf... has no audio outs..little bitty spekers.....just in's...would it be possible to cut the wire on the rca cables and connect the speaker wire?

For the price of a power supply to run a car amp, just go for a 250w plate amp from partsexpress.com for about $120+shipping. It's cheaper just to buy a seperate amp for home use than to screw around with rigging up a car home amp.

Actually, you might be able to get away with splicing into the speaker wires and feeding into the RCA inputs of the amp. It probably only has a few watts output and the voltage should be within the range of your sub amp's sensitivity adjustment. Worst case you'll need line level converters.

A battery charger will make lots of 60Hz hum. It'll ****.

Originally posted by maylar Actually, you might be able to get away with splicing into the speaker wires and feeding into the RCA inputs of the amp.

A battery charger will make lots of 60Hz hum. It'll ****.
Thats what im trying to do... anybody ever cut a rca cable jus to see whats in there ? if so, share your findings..

Originally posted by BigBoomer Thats what im trying to do... anybody ever cut a rca cable jus to see whats in there ? if so, share your findings..

i cut a rca just to fit in sumwhere and they messed up after i cut even tho i conected it all back together so dont cut the rca itll ruin them

It won't ruin them. Theres two wires per channel so four wires. It wouldnt be smart to use them after you cut them because than they wouldnt be shielded very well but they will not be completely ruined.

Radio shack has wires with RCA plugs on one end and stripped leads on the other.

A shielded RCA cable has a center conductor that goes to the plug tip and a braided or wrapped shield that goes to the shell.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.