some one help me, blowing 100 amp fuses

Participant count
  • Participant list
well, your preout is low so that ain't your problem. i don't know why your fuses are blowing now and not before. but i'd put a 150 amp fuse (if you have 4 gauge) cause a 1000 watt RMS amp when turned up high would probably pop a 100 amp fuse. you could find a clamp meter to see actually how many amps your amp is drawing.

maybe the sub is dual 2 ohm and its wired at 1 ohm and is pulling tooo much current. why dont u get a dmm (digital mult-meter) and measure the impedance at the speaker terminal of the sub/box?

maybe the sub is dual 2 ohm and its wired at 1 ohm and is pulling tooo much current. why dont u get a dmm (digital mult-meter) and measure the impedance at the speaker terminal of the sub/box?
ill try that.... but all the fuses are good now.. .amp gets power... and nothing out of the sub plays.. i know its not blown.. theres no reason to..... i had the gain all the way down...... hmmm.......... i hope a wire just came loose on the sub..... also on my rubicon theres something that says

left right

then theres 2 knobs to turn that say .3-5 volts?? as it goes lower it sounds better.... its at like 2 right now

also on my rubicon theres something that says
left right

then theres 2 knobs to turn that say .3-5 volts?? as it goes lower it sounds better.... its at like 2 right now
Those two knobs are the gain controls. The numbers represent the preout voltage reqired to get full amp power at that given setting. If you have a 1V preout, then it should be set around 1.

well dam.... figured out..... broken tinsel lead...... really im kinda glad... now i know whats wrong....... im not bad at soldering so ill give it a whirl tommorow

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.