New to the site, would like some help.....

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hi all, I got my hands on some speakers and a box and I wnet out and bought myself an amp....(probably not the best but what my budget at the time allowed)...any way.....was wondering if someone could point my in the right direction for wiring them.....one way for best SQ and the other best for SPL.....

This is what I have to work with:

2- Audiobahn AW1251SE

1- Crunch PZi2250

P.S. I have found in my search for this answer that crunch was probably the wrong way to go as far as having them a long time.....So since I may be moving soon I am not going to have the funds to replace it anytime soon......So if you could keep that in mind when offering your wiring tips.....( would hate for to sound great for five minutes and be S.O.L. Curently I have the subs each on their own channel and a jumper to the second set of VC....Basicaly, I want to know if bridging this amp to these subs will increase the out put without damaging ANYTHING...( wether that be the amp or subs)...Thanks for your time and help.

PSS...As I was continuing my search for answer in my manual......I have noticed that there are not wiring instruction for the subs to each be on thie own channel.....Is this assumed or are DVC subs made to be bridged?....any info on this and my wiring stupididy would be great......thanks again

well there no way you can just wire something and then get sq and then change it to get spl. you need two complete different set-ups. and i cant help you on those amps or subs. you can help yourself buy selling them to a high schooler and the go out and buy some decetn stuff. but that imo

I didnt buy the subs.....just the amp.....I am not out to win any comps with setup just get the best SPL i can without it sounding like sh**.....or damaging what I have.....BTW.....if it helps to know I currently have the subs in a sealed box(thats what they were in when I got them)

It is possible to have a SQ vs a SPL setup with the same amp, you can wire to different ohm loads. People have subs they run 2000w daily to and then 3000+ burps with the same amp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Anywho, for the application that you're referring to. I Assume both subwoofers are Dual 4ohm subs?

If so, you can wire them and bridge them together, or give each sub it's own channel.

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/support_pages.php?page_id=161

It is possible to have a SQ vs a SPL setup with the same amp, you can wire to different ohm loads. People have subs they run 2000w daily to and then 3000+ burps with the same amp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Anywho, for the application that you're referring to. I Assume both subwoofers are Dual 4ohm subs?

If so, you can wire them and bridge them together, or give each sub it's own channel.

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/support_pages.php?page_id=161

Thank you for your help.....I believe I have the info I need to get it hooked up correctly.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.