Some noise in my new installation.

Participant count
  • Participant list

digitalrainman
10+ year member

here
Just got in some new pg rsds and a cadence 6004 running the pgs and a kicker cvr. Previously i was running coaxials off the hu, but now im running nothing off the hu and all on the amp.

My issue is i have a little interference noise. I can hear it best at low volumes and when the volume is all the way down. To me it just sounds like normal interference noise, similar to some from my normal home speakers. Im just wondering if this is something normal to hear off of my amp or not. I assumed that it would be a little clearer then this. I heard putting the ground to a better location can help, but am just looking for suggestions here.

i have the same problem kinda with my install right now... and i didnt get this with my older crappier amp but my new better one i do /shrug... i tried checking crossed rca's - power lines ect... but nothing seemed to fix it... i think its just the amp... you can only hear it if theres no volume or very very low.. but once the volume goes up it goes away..

as i said.. check ground and if any wires are crossed.

I did notice my right crossover input was switched, and i fixed it about 2 minutes after starting to play music. It didnt help the noise, but at least i switched it to the right way.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.