Some Dimming

after a while check to see if you get build up on your battery terminals. If you do I probbably would go to an agm battery under the hood like a kinetik. also big 3 is your friend and a cheap upgrade even if you do it in 4ga wire.

Before I put the stereo equipment in my car it would get bad build up on the terminals. So I put some of those pad things on there to stop it. Its working somewhat.

I read how to do it and it seems like it takes alot of work to do.
All you need is 3 runs of wire, 6 terminals, a ratchet/wrench set, and some spare time man. Easy upgrade and your car's electrical system will thank you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Well the big 3 will help stabilize the voltage it might not help with dimming.

I have a 130a alternator and a 1 year old battery that reads 12.6v off the posts and i get dimming after volume 19 of 22 listening volume. Its just something that is hard to avoid.

The big three did allow me to get a nice 14.4v to the amp though.

My advice since there is slight dimming is to do the big 3 with some 0g wire. There's a thread dedicated to showing you how it's done. Doing this will increase voltage from your alternator to your battery. Try knukonceptz wiring, cheap and good quality.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.