Solid 15" with a 16 year olds budget

Hey there, I'm looking for a 15" subwoofer for my van. I originally wanted an SA15 but $235 is about double of what I want to spend, even though that sub is a great value. I was looking for a 400-600 watt 4ohm dvc so that I could run it at 2 ohms by itself and then in the future I could get another and wire them to 1 ohm. The hifonics brz15 looks promising, and maybe the sundown e15. Any suggestions? I know I can't get anything awesome with such a low budget, but I know I can get something a little better than a cheapo boss or pyle sub. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif
All input appreciated.
Sundown audio SA 15

Save up a bit more and get an obsidian audio 15 (site says $160, not sure if that includes shipping) you won't be disappointed. Or look for used skar or sundown subs. Out of those two you listed I would definitely get the e15, but that's just me.
The obsidians look pretty nice, are they a branch of sundown? Would you go with the OA 15 or e15?

7B872681-9340-420C-8289-EBD8E726CAE6-7111-0000065AE35AA23B_zpsb83144ce.jpg

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

[quote name='04murdalanche']Surprised none of you people thought to buy used for someone on a budget...

Dude, get the SA 15. You can pick one up on here or CACO used for 150 shipped all day.. If you want a pair of subs, go with what @audiobaun ; recommended[/QUOTE]

As much as used CAN be a good deal... I don't trust people to package stuff very well and have it arrive in very good condition. This coupled with how much it costs an individual to ship vs what a larger company that ships 100's to 1000's units a day. Jim Walter and crew over at Alpine did a great job with those new SWS 15's. Sealed or Ported specs are very respectable-- You don't have to sacrifice much room. I know some people here would rather drive a 1 seater, but eventually this will matter.

[quote name='rugdnit']As much as used CAN be a good deal... I don't trust people to package stuff very well and have it arrive in very good condition. This coupled with how much it costs an individual to ship vs what a larger company that ships 100's to 1000's units a day. Jim Walter and crew over at Alpine did a great job with those new SWS 15's. Sealed or Ported specs are very respectable-- You don't have to sacrifice much room. I know some people here would rather drive a 1 seater, but eventually this will matter.[/QUOTE]

No... For one. Most everyone here, who's been here a little while has a general idea of how to ship a sub, if you're worried then spend 5 bucks extra and get insurance so that everything is taken care of anyways. 2nd of all you can get cheap *** shipping from @Boomsday ; if he has the time and is willing to help, you shipping cost for the subs ill basically be cut in half, and third of all, no sub that alpine makes, not even the type x is even comparable to the SA-15. It'll stomp all over any alpine sub all day long. I've had a few alpine subs, and I have SA8s now. Hell.. The 8s get way louder than the type E's, R's, and type X's ever did, and the alpine subs had more power too. OP you will want to go ported for sure. You have a sub for a reason, sealed is a waste of time 90% of the time unless you're solely dedicated to pure sq.

Fair enough... Everyones experience may vary. I have had my fair share of bad experiences here. Never a problem buying from responsible adults elsewhere. Have you ever heard of the term-- The High Cost of Saving Money? You might want to remember that one. It will ring more true the older you get. As for subs... surely you must be talking one note wonder and NOTHING SQ related. I would like to hear your thoughts on things like shorting rings and what purpose they serve. I would also like to know your thoughts on JBL's DDD drive. I am not going to argue with you... It would be pointless. Good day.

Fair enough... Everyones experience may vary. I have had my fair share of bad experiences here. Never a problem buying from responsible adults elsewhere. Have you ever heard of the term-- The High Cost of Saving Money? You might want to remember that one. It will ring more true the older you get. As for subs... surely you must be talking one note wonder and NOTHING SQ related. I would like to hear your thoughts on things like shorting rings and what purpose they serve. I would also like to know your thoughts on JBL's DDD drive. I am not going to argue with you... It would be pointless. Good day.
If you only buy from trusted, experienced members you will greatly reduce your chances of a bad experience, that's common sense..

The SA line is a good mix of a SQ and SPL sub actually. It does get pretty loud for what it is, yet it is FAR from a one hit wonder sub, it's very versatile. I have 4 of the SA-8" version and I love them. No ones trying to argue buddy I was merely stating a suggestion..

And as to JBL's DDD Drive, I've never heard of it, and I have no experience personally with the sub so I don't want to make a comment on it without having previous experience with it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

JJ30

10+ year member
JJ30
Hillsboro, OR
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from