sold h/u on ebay, new owner wants refund, says it's broke

Mother f'er, He did say he used to have the same exact h/u in a car he sold and that is why he wanted this one cause he liked that model..

this is his reply and I think I'll do that for him

Thanks for the offer.

As far as CC, I have a LONG standing relationship with the tech who did the install.

He has installed at least 7 units prior, in both my wife's and my vehicles.

You seem to be fixated on the fact that he was trying to get me to buy a unit from them,

but you never mention the fact that they re-installed my "OLD" unit and that powered all 4 speakers.

I did not end up buying anything from them.

They have no problem putting in used units and charge $59.95 plus parts, to do a install with a warranty.

I know your a person of honor as am I.

I feel that we should split everything down the middle, 50/50.

I ship the unit back to you and you Paypal me $57.50

If this is acceptable,

please e-mail me your mailing address again and I'll pack this up and send it out by Tuesday.

Respectfully,

Roger

but dont they have serial/part numbers on it?

on the actual unit AND faceplate?

sorry about that age thing, i didnt accuse u of being 17 or young, i just said 17 year old showing an example of young age cause ive dealt with ppl who email me and talk to me like there youngsters trying to rob me. you know how it is... youngsters and professional really dont go together //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

i still think he should pay u the $15 shipping fee & ebay listing fee; u take the unit back the way it was. but good thing u stated u wont accept the unit back in non working order. keep us updated

but dont they have serial/part numbers on it?on the actual unit AND faceplate?

sorry about that age thing, i didnt accuse u of being 17 or young, i just said 17 year old showing an example of young age cause ive dealt with ppl who email me and talk to me like there youngsters trying to rob me. you know how it is... youngsters and professional really dont go together //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

i still think he should pay u the $15 shipping fee & ebay listing fee; u take the unit back the way it was. but good thing u stated u wont accept the unit back in non working order. keep us updated
No, I know you weren't accusing me of being 17, I knew what you meant. Yea I'll inform once I get the unit back, He is shipping it back on monday. I should have it tuesday or wed...

I never felt the need to get serial numbers cause there was nothing wrong, I would have never imagined he would want his money back. But oh well, I didnt want to be a dick about it and f- him over, but I dont want to get screwed over either...

take it back give him his money..see if you can fix it..put it back up...then you get 60.00 plus wat you sell it for.if doesnt work..sell it as non working with possible internal amp blown..say its fixable and youll still prally end up breaking even

no matter what u do, make sure u at least get ur $15 for shipping it out back and the ebay fees.

refund him only the $50 (auction end price)

Mother f'er, He did say he used to have the same exact h/u in a car he sold and that is why he wanted this one cause he liked that model..
It would make no sense if he was trying to do a switcharoo on you.

Why would he went ahead and post a positive feedback for you knowing he was going to scam you ???

Anyway, you really didn't have to refund half the money but I applaud you for doing it.

It happenned to me when I sold a $180 video card.

Worked perfectly and the guy said it didn't work.

Got it back and it didn't work.

Luckily I was able to RMA it and got another one or I would have lost $180.

Do not take it back. Because you ended the auction early, he cannot have Ebay do anything too you. There is no feedback, there is no complaint because there technically was no winning bidder. Its his fault, he may seem like a nice guy, but the unit was working when it left you and wwhen it got to him it wasnt.. who care. Fuck him. He can't touch you, but make sure you take all of your money out of your paypal account so they cant screw you.

Looking back, I'd say screw it.

You even ended early for him.

Ebay is a risk vs reward thing.

Your reward is getting stuff cheap, your risk is you might get screwed.

He can't do anything to you.

amedeuce,

I sold a Alpine CDA 7892 to my nephew and he had the same problem when he got the unit installed(no sound from speakers). Did you ever find out what the "problem" was with the H/U you sold?

Thanks

HOLY **** DONT GIVE HIM HIS MONEY BACK!@!@

And if you give him back half of his cash who keeps the "broken" deck? I bet he thinks he gets to keep it.

Also why is he saying ok to 50/50!? i mean if i bought something and it was DOA i'd want 100% back. SEEEMS FISHY!!!

This dude ****ed up the deck.

the same thing happened to me ALMOST but the kid that bought my deck came and picked it up so no paypal. It was a tiny problem a connection came loose inside and a shop local to him fixed it for free no problem.

But i was very firm that i new for a fact it was working when it left me.

If you knew for a fact it was working when it left you. DO NOT give him anything.

IF you do plan on giving him some money back make sure the deck is in your hands first!!!!!!!

Report him to paypal before he reports you.

Edit: Btw his story is such ******** 7 decks in his and his wifes cars?? puhlease dude.. if he will lie about something as meaningless as that.. he will lie about anything...

this was from a couple months ago. (see dates)

I have the unit back, I just havent had time to hook it up in my truck to find out the problem.

We ended up splitting the cost evenly shipping and price of the unit I sold it for. I think I sold it to him for 110 shipped then gave him 50 bucks and he sent it back.

I'll find out what is wrong which I think is NOTHING except where he took it.

And they could have fried it, But if it will only work by running an external amp so be it, I'll sell it with that disclaimer.

Cause he wasnt using an amp only the h/u , which they could have fried the internal amp or it was off. HAHAHA...

I wouldn't have felt right sticking it to him. We'll see.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.