softer bass or louder comps?

Participant count
  • Participant list

hawaiian5
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ok, so here is my situation. I have a 12" I.a. dp in a 35Hz box. The bass drowns out every set of components I have owned. I just received and installed my new set of I.a. i6.5 comps. Comps sound really clean, and is loud. I'm giving it 100-110 watts. The bass from my sub still drowns it out. What can I do to make the vocals louder? Country and rock sounds amazing , but rap and reggae is where I only hear bass and barely any vocals...the sons drank in my cup is the worst. The bass is just way to much. I turned down the gains to 0 and I done use bass boost. Would adding 6x9s ind the rear help to here more music?...or is the 12" dp just to much?

i have 2 sets of the same comps and i have ALOT more sub stage then you and i can hear my music perfect, just gotta learn how to adjust your settings.

thoughs comp sets are AMAZING for the price

Yup, sealed doors with audio technix sub is being under powered only 1200 watts. Comps are getting 100-110 watts. The MMS is only 85. Lol

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

Lol sorry. I was asking gameover how to adjust sub output from h.u.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.