Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Participant count
  • Participant list

kidwolf909
10+ year member

Never Enough Money
Maryland
And I'm getting back what I paid for it from the warranty I had on it through squaretrade. So I'm wondering, what should I replace it with?

I had a PDX2.150, so I'm contemplating these replacements:

*Another PDX2.150 - direct replacement, little to no extra cost

*PDX4.100/4.150 - little extra cost for 4.100, good bit for 4.150, same SQ (or lack thereof), relatively same output, allows for active in the future

*Sundown 100.4D - around the same as a 4.150, better S/N, better THD, better channel separation, AB vs. Class D sound, allows for active in the future

Is there anything else I should be considering? I would prefer to stay away from the likes of anything sold in Best Buy. I would go for a DLS A4, but that's a bit out of my price range. A Zapco Reference would be sweet too, but that's also pricey... it would have to be a good deal.

EDIT: The only drawback to anything other than a PDX is that my amp rack under my false floor won't accommodate a larger amplifier, so I'd have to make spack for the replacement somewhere.

personally i feel the new and revised sundown 100.4d will be perfect.

really strong clean power, and if you eventually go active without an active deck, the crossovers on the new amps are amazing.

i have 1 of them, and love it. great brand with awsome quality, and a very slick looking design.

but its really your preference. i have been wanting to get a little more power to my front stage (preying jacob comes out with a 150.4, or a 200.4 would be even better with better flexabilty and more power on tap when needed)

the alpine 4.150 from what ive heard is a great amp, ive never personally used it, but have thought about just for the more power. and even if you dont use the power its nice to have the headroom.

I agree, a 4.150D would be amazing, and would probably take the cake here.

Are Sundown amps still made in the U.S. or are they produced in China now?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...