Amp output power fluctuates. Weird issue. JL amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

kpeters0929
10+ year member

WI
Hello,

i'm having bad luck on my system once again. So i have 1 JL Audio 1000/1v2 hooked up to a 13w7 and noticed after a while of playing (doesn't matter if it's low volume or high) that the sound will play loud then soft then loud etc.

For example, on music where their is a constant bass note you will hear it go loud then soft etc.

I decided to check all the connections and everything is tight. Next i checked the voltage at the amplifier while it's having this issue and voltage does not change at all.

What i did notice is i connected an AC meter right to the subwoofer terminals. Sure enough when the bass goes lower, the AC voltage drops, then rises, then drops.

Has anyone here had an issue like this? Is this a hint that the amp is going out or something? On the amplifier their are seperate lights for thermal protection, low ohms, and low voltage. None of them light up when this occurs.

Again i want to add that voltage at the amplifier is constant and does not drop lower then 13 volts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.