so im kinda new to this..

Participant count
  • Participants list

mk3 jetta

so i bought an amp off a friend (rockford fosgate prime 600-5) and im trying to wire it and speakers (kicker ksc-41k674) and i want to get as much rms power to the speakers as i can. i was thinking of bridging the amp but my only concern is if i bridge 4 channels into 2 and wire two speakers to one of the channels will it be 4ohm or 8ohm? please help and sorry if its confusing

sorry i left some things out. i will be using the 5th channel for the sub and also will be having 4 speakers total so instead of using 4 speakers on 4 channels ill be using 4 speakers on 2 channels
Gotcha. If you do bridge and run 2 per channel just remember you will have no fade control anymore. Two 4 ohm SVC speakers will have a 2ohm load.

I would run one per channel IMO. If you don't like it then bridge them and see if its any better for you.

Gotcha. If you do bridge and run 2 per channel just remember you will have no fade control anymore. Two 4 ohm SVC speakers will have a 2ohm load.
I would run one per channel IMO. If you don't like it then bridge them and see if its any better for you.
i know 1 per channel would be safer and more stable but its only 50w rms so its low power

Your amp can only handle a 4 ohm load when bridged. Your speakers are 4 ohm each. If you put the speakers in parallel you have a 2 ohm load. Your amp will NOT handle 2 ohms bridged.

You cannot do what you want to do.

You will get the most music power into your car with one speaker per channel. 50 WRMS x 4 = 200W RMS of music power.

There is no other combination of those speakers and that amp that will get you any more total power.

If you parallel the speakers and put them on 2 unbridged channels you will have 150 W RMS total music power

If you put the speakers in series (8 ohms) and bridge the amp you will have 150 WRMS total music power.

Run them one speaker per channel and put your sub on the fifth. Done. 50W per speaker is louder than you think.

If it isn't enough power then you need a new amp.

Your amp can only handle a 4 ohm load when bridged. Your speakers are 4 ohm each. If you put the speakers in parallel you have a 2 ohm load. Your amp will NOT handle 2 ohms bridged.
You cannot do what you want to do.

You will get the most music power into your car with one speaker per channel. 50 WRMS x 4 = 200W RMS of music power.

There is no other combination of those speakers and that amp that will get you any more total power.

If you parallel the speakers and put them on 2 unbridged channels you will have 150 W RMS total music power

If you put the speakers in series (8 ohms) and bridge the amp you will have 150 WRMS total music power.

Run them one speaker per channel and put your sub on the fifth. Done. 50W per speaker is louder than you think.

If it isn't enough power then you need a new amp.
thanks man i appreciate it. and cant beat the price of it got the amp and wiring kit for $80

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.